Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T-sport Owner

Tpot

Here she is, picked her up on sunday.

Had a 172 previous to this, also had VVT. Such a different car tho, you can't throw it into corners like the clio but

pretty sure the T-pot is quicker in a straight line.

Well happy with the car so far, very comfortable, great build quality when compared to the renault!

tpot1.jpg

Two questions.....

The remote fob seems to be flat, works on and off, is this an easy fix? Taken the key apart but seems to be a sealed unit inside.

Also, the car needs new tyres all round, do i stick with the 195/55? Maybe thinking a different profile would benefit

Thanks

Mike

hi mate and welcome! im new here myself and ill be picking mine up tomorrow :D

what reg/year and how many miles has she done? also mind me asking how much you paid!?

as for the tyres ive seen that a lot of people run 205/50's so i think thats the other option youl get recommended.

regards,

ricc.

you can't throw it into corners like the clio

Oh yes you can! :D

I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as my previous G7 Celica (which I could chuck in to any corner without fear) when it came to cornering, but the more i drive it, the more I trust it, and the more corners I am throwing it in to without a care! Although, you've got a pre-facelift - the post facelift is on a different set of springs and has the front strut brace, so perhaps yours does need a bit more tlc in to a bend...

The Battery is a user replaceable item, so should be easy to do yourself. I've never opened my key up, so don't know whats in it, but I'm surprised the Battery wasn't obvious!

What are you wanting to acheive from a different profile tyre? What kind of wall height were you thinking of?

Had it for £2995, 52 plate. FSH mostly toyota with 85k on the clock. Alot of car for the money!

Yeh, would benefit from some springs for sure.

Was thinking of going 205/50 as mentioned by ricc, thought a wider tyre might aide the handling

well the key was easy enough to open, but there is a sealed unit inside, couldnt see the Battery as i'd thought

Hi Mate and welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Nice choice of motor you've made there.

205/50's will go on the wheels no probs and they give better grip than the 195/55's.

As for the remote issue. Just remove the black plastic back from the sealed unit and you'll see the Battery. Just carefully prise the black plastic back from the unit.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Scary how cheap these cars are now :(

Your looks like it needs lowering, this will improve the handling know end :yes:

As for the remote issue. Just remove the black plastic back from the sealed unit and you'll see the battery

ive got that open, but inside the black key there seems to be another sealed unit

nice one! how you enjoying it?

im loving the car completely, not so the MPG with my 'new to LIFT' driving attitude! haha.

did you get leather seats in your mate? im not sure what id prefer for sitting in to be honest, but i like looking at the leathers in mine! haha i know... im sad and way to excited over a car for a 27 year old lol.

theres a full leather interior on eBay, i was gonna have a bid but i think im liking my cloth trim better as it looks a bit more sportier, but saying that do the 7th generation celica front seats fit into a corolla? cause theres some leather 1s of them on eBay too, combine the too and you have some sweet trim.

I don't find the leather in these cars very leathery, its more like leather look vinyl :lol:

Glad its there, but as a £1500 option no thanks, am glad my car was a Mr T demo so they paid for it :lol:

If anyone is interested in the Leather seats there's a set on eBay at the mo.

No reserve finnishes tomorrow and only up to £52 for the lot so far! Just search for Corolla T Sport. :P

I don't find the leather in these cars very leathery, its more like leather look vinyl :lol:

Glad its there, but as a £1500 option no thanks, am glad my car was a Mr T demo so they paid for it :lol:

there only part leather and part pvc/leatherette or something like that, from what i can remember when i worked at toyota

the avenis and corollas etc.. they are only something like 40% leather maybe less, might be something to do with being animal friendly or cost, god knows :huh:

there only part leather and part pvc/leatherette or something like that, from what i can remember when i worked at toyota

the avenis and corollas etc.. they are only something like 40% leather maybe less, might be something to do with being animal friendly or cost, god knows :huh:

Sounds like leather look leather to me, how thats legal :wacko:

Sounds like leather look leather to me, how thats legal :wacko:

i think they do say its part pvc and leather in the broucher somewhere, surely!

if not it will be like buying a leather jacket just to be told its fake months later :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links