Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla = Oldies/womans Car?

superjim42

Most people here spell and punctuate in a manner which suggests they have Alzheimer's.

LOL

I just love this thread :lol:

I suppose I fit into the trainee wrinklie category so have a few years to go before I officially become an OAP. I am also one of those 'old people' who has bought their E12 from new and is nurturing it for you - except that mine has an auto box :o so yah boo sucks to you :P

It's all a case of what goes around comes around. Remember all you young guns that you will all eventually be an OAP :yes: and someone else will be eyeing up your treasured old Auris Mark 10 GT Whammy on the drive waiting for you to croak or be told by the government that you can no longer drive.

In my day as a young person (just after Queen Victoria passed away) we drove old minis (Morris or Austin) and had them 'souped up'. Mine had a refurbed 1.3 engine with twin SU carbs that replaced the original 850cc job, a Cooper gearbox, wide 5J tyres, every conceivable (twin) spotlight on the grill (even had an illegal spot on the back for reversing), a new dash, new seats, heaps of additional gauges (vacuum pressure etc), a custom welded exhaust and a lorry Battery in the boot to keep all the additional electrics powered up (if the engine failed you could put the car in first and chug up the road on the starter motor).

Moral of story - enjoy the customising whilst you're young (but safely and responsibly mind). Eventually, you'll be writing a post like this one!

I'm off now for a short nap before going to my pre OAP queue jumping classes .......... ;)

I just love this thread :lol:

I suppose I fit into the trainee wrinklie category so have a few years to go before I officially become an OAP. I am also one of those 'old people' who has bought their E12 from new and is nurturing it for you - except that mine has an auto box :o so yah boo sucks to you :P

It's all a case of what goes around comes around. Remember all you young guns that you will all eventually be an OAP :yes: and someone else will be eyeing up your treasured old Auris Mark 10 GT Whammy on the drive waiting for you to croak or be told by the government that you can no longer drive.

In my day as a young person (just after Queen Victoria passed away) we drove old minis (Morris or Austin) and had them 'souped up'. Mine had a refurbed 1.3 engine with twin SU carbs that replaced the original 850cc job, a Cooper gearbox, wide 5J tyres, every conceivable (twin) spotlight on the grill (even had an illegal spot on the back for reversing), a new dash, new seats, heaps of additional gauges (vacuum pressure etc), a custom welded exhaust and a lorry battery in the boot to keep all the additional electrics powered up (if the engine failed you could put the car in first and chug up the road on the starter motor).

Moral of story - enjoy the customising whilst you're young (but safely and responsibly mind). Eventually, you'll be writing a post like this one!

I'm off now for a short nap before going to my pre OAP queue jumping classes .......... ;)

:lol2:

Well said!

:thumbsup:

old ppl only seem to drive the 5door aswell so if u have a 3 door ur at least half way safe lol :D

I'm not that old you know! :P

well obvs not you or indeed anyone else who has a t-sport :lol:

cant see too many grannys driving them - if there is im never driving on the roads again :unsure: :P

i think grannys shud have G - plates restricting them to 45mph?? :D

i've seen 3 T Sports locally driven by people over 60, 2 middle aged and 2 under 30's. wide appeal is the sign of a good car. i love that there known as a granda's car - makes them much more discreet unless you go for "obvious" red and tacky wheels!

Again with an unnessacery dig. Grow up you sad tit. You're starting to get on my nerves.

Back on topic....

I love the fact that it's seen as a oldies / womens car also, so much pleasure it seeing people faces drop when they underestimate the power... I too have seen many older people driving them though. I think most of the time they don't realise what a power plant they have under the bonnet. They just think it looks good, drives good and gets around without any problems.

Again with an unnessacery dig. Grow you you sad tit. You're starting to get on my nerves.

agreed - if that was a serious dig he needs his head checked

and im from northern ireland and im just going by whats here lol - never mind lack of old ppl driving t-sports ...

... i must be one of very few ppl who have modified an e12 corolla from county londonderry for miles around

+ ive only seen 3 t-sports in my life here lol [granted i cant be everywhere at once but i do a lot of miles :D]

Again with an unnessacery dig. Grow up you sad tit. You're starting to get on my nerves.

Back on topic....

I love the fact that it's seen as a oldies / womens car also, so much pleasure it seeing people faces drop when they underestimate the power... I too have seen many older people driving them though. I think most of the time they don't realise what a power plant they have under the bonnet. They just think it looks good, drives good and gets around without any problems.

sounds more like jelousy there mate cos his don't look anywhere near as good yours

as we all know that have been to a meet with you there, your t sport stands out the most and is very eye catching and the wheels suit the car soooo well, i have evan looked at them myself for mine

i've seen 3 T Sports locally driven by people over 60, 2 middle aged and 2 under 30's. wide appeal is the sign of a good car. i love that there known as a granda's car - makes them much more discreet unless you go for "obvious" red and tacky wheels!

So by that statement you're middle aged then?

Certainly don't act it.

I don't understand why people have to have constant digs at other members for no reason whatsoever.

Unless of course it still really bugs you that we're members of another forum but... you are also ;)

So by that statement you're middle aged then?

Certainly don't act it.

I don't understand why people have to have constant digs at other members for no reason whatsoever.

Unless of course it still really bugs you that we're members of another forum but... you are also ;)

LOl wtf? who is this ae102? cussing T-Sport? wtf?

get the **** out of my thread.

dont be a hater. envy is not a good thing :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links