Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport, Ecu Location, Shift Light Help!

farhanali89

Right guys anyone know where the ecu on the t sport is, Need to wire in a shift light and a Air fuel controller thing, any advise wuold be appreciated. If someone can also grab a diagram of the wires etc that would help.

thanks

you'll have to pull the air filter system out to get it, i'd say it was more behind the dashboard than behind the glovebox.

i have seen a manual on the australian forum which shows removal of the glovebox and unscrewing some parts where all the wiring loom is im sure that is the ecu. Is it quite a hard job and if so is there a picture manual anywhere

I think its behind the centre console, down low in front of your gear stick. Not 100% on that thou, i think i saw it there before

that one behind the gearstick is the srs ecu.

Ah right. I remember seeing something there before. I stand corrected. Good man :thumbsup:

right still a bit confused, the srs ecu is the ecu for the airbags. I need the proper ecu for the corolla, that will be located behind the dashboard. Bit confused about the air filter bit tho.

can anyone help with locating it im a bit lost.

the ecu iIRC is screwed to the firewall on the cabinside. The firewall is the bit of metal between the engine bay and the cabin.

to get to the ecu, take the glovebox out, then take the pollen filter out and some of the "blower" assembly, you should be then able to get to the ECU.

you'll then need a wiring diagram as about 50 million wires go into the ecu, and you need to find the right one to tap. Personally i would have tapped the tacho signal at the combination meter (clocks).

right yea that sounds about right i have a diagram picture for that already then. I just needed to make sure it was the same. haha thanks for your help nrgizerbunny you want to try tapping into the wires for me!

hey, what shift light have you gone for? i like the idea but im not too sure if i want to start doing things to the interior AND the electrics.

the only thing i would be weary of is the ecu pinout. I was told on facelift/prefacelift cars it is different from a toyota mechanic. Me being the sceptic that I am didn't believe him but when i went to a scrapyard he was spot on. The casing is slightly different and the plugs going into it are different. Its almost like the prefacelift stereo connectors and the facelift stereo connectors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links