Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Xenon Kit For Corolla E12

Adrian Mo

I was wondering if anyone has a HID xenon kit in their corolla

could you tell me where you got it and at what price??

its just, i helped my mate fit a set in his toledo 2day and they are amazingly bright - they just light up the road :D

he has the 8000k ones giving off a nice whitey blue tint :)

'google' is not only my friend, but he can be yours too! :P

i love the light from HID's but only from a driving perspective, my point is, for driving pleasure and better safety, HID's win hands down....

but as for the other questions, ive seen a few pics and threads on here with other guys having their E12 Rolla's upgraded to HID's. They look really good on the cars too.

update:- A few links from google... lol..

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/home.php

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/

http://www.xenonshop.co.uk/

hope this helps.

HIDs does look rather good, but they're still Illegal...

Most people at the mo are getting away with it but... If I'm correct they're starting to crack down on them alot more. I've just added a set of new sidelights / dipped beams to mine and I think they look good! Cost me £25 in total and are 5000k Replicas. As apposed to the roughly.. £80 you'd pay for HIDs.

Sidelights:

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

24102008247.jpg

Dipped:

DSC00715.jpg

24102008249.jpg

:thumbsup:

The HID downside is there illegal as the car wont have auto headlight levelling and a headlight cleaning system.

I am getting a bit fed up people's cars that have these kits fitted and their headlights are out of alignment and they blind you, its bad enough being blinded by standard H4 or H7's but add HID and its dangerous. They do look good but if you blind some one and they hit you, your insurance could refuse to pay out.

Anyway the std Corolla headlights are very good, the ones on my 5yr newer Passat are much worse, they are cack!

HIDs does look rather good, but they're still Illegal...

Most people at the mo are getting away with it but... If I'm correct they're starting to crack down on them alot more. I've just added a set of new sidelights / dipped beams to mine and I think they look good! Cost me £25 in total and are 5000k Replicas. As apposed to the roughly.. £80 you'd pay for HIDs.

aww they are nice man :D

where abouts did you get your 5000k headlight bulbs? B)

and cheers for the 'google' links :P lol - im lookin at em right now

its illegal?

so whats with all the porsche mercs range rovers bmw's having HID's as standard?

i dont fully understand why you say its illegal?

its illegal?

so whats with all the porsche mercs range rovers bmw's having HID's as standard?

i dont fully understand why you say its illegal?

They're only Illegal when fitted to cars without Auto adjusting headslights. If they come on the car from factory it's fine. Fitting them to cars that didn't have 'em in the first place isn't. :P

As for my bulbs, I sourced them off an ex-member but you can find 'em in a few places.

I believe he actually got them from here though...

Dipped Beams

Side Lights

:thumbsup:

craigyboy - saw these ones on the same site http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=81

theyre the bright white ones im looking for and theyre legal

the blue ones for me seem a bit cheesy

think im gonna order a pair of these cause theyre cheaper than HID kits and theyre legal - cheers 4 the help man :D

-t-sport .... those headlights seemd a bit expensive - 22quid a bulb - thanks anyway man :thumbsup:

as for the sidelights - i took a pair of white leds from my old focus angel eyes which i never wired in :D looks the part

to save any hastle regarding the legal stuff surrounding HID kits, what about a set of these??? not HID but a very similar effect and very bright!!!

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=25

My Bro has these on his 330, there very good :thumbsup:

to save any hastle regarding the legal stuff surrounding HID kits, what about a set of these??? not HID but a very similar effect and very bright!!!

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=25

My Bro has these on his 330, there very good :thumbsup:

nice one :) - theyre basically the same thing cept the ones im gettin are white!

cool stuff! i just throught blue as you wanted the xenon look and 9/10 they have a bluish tint!!!

The HID downside is there illegal as the car wont have auto headlight levelling and a headlight cleaning system.

I am getting a bit fed up people's cars that have these kits fitted and their headlights are out of alignment and they blind you, its bad enough being blinded by standard H4 or H7's but add HID and its dangerous. They do look good but if you blind some one and they hit you, your insurance could refuse to pay out.

Anyway the std Corolla headlights are very good, the ones on my 5yr newer Passat are much worse, they are cack!

I'm with cabcurtains on this one to be honest. I too am getting fed up with the increased number of older cars blinding me with their over bright lights B) I've no problem at all with brighter lights per se provided they can be properly controlled so as to avoid blinding other road users. It does seem to be one of those 'mods' that is potentially dangerous because the driver has no proper control over it - presumably why the police are cracking down on the practice.

Never had a problem with my standard E12 lights which seem pretty good to me ;)

Why do people want brighter lights?? :huh:

If you're driving in Urban areas there's street lights and if you live in the countryside put your full beams on! :P

If you can't see clearly enough with the standard bulbs then you shouldn't be driving!! :P :lol:

craigyboy - saw these ones on the same site http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=81

think im gonna order a pair of these cause theyre cheaper than HID kits and theyre legal - cheers 4 the help man :D

-t-sport .... those headlights seemd a bit expensive - 22quid a bulb - thanks anyway man :thumbsup:

as for the sidelights - i took a pair of white leds from my old focus angel eyes which i never wired in :D looks the part

You got it all wrong mate :P it's £21.99 for both bulbs, and £3.99 for the 2 sidelights. In total - £24.98.

I wouldn't Shell out over £60 on bulbs! :P and as for the blinding people = Mine don't. So all is well. :thumbsup:

You got it all wrong mate :P it's £21.99 for both bulbs, and £3.99 for the 2 sidelights. In total - £24.98.

I wouldn't Shell out over £60 on bulbs! :P and as for the blinding people = Mine don't. So all is well. :thumbsup:

ohhh rite - i ordered a set of the other ones lol :( - but theyre bright white so im happy enuff - an extra 7 - or 8 quid meh ;) - cheers man

Why do people want brighter lights?? :huh:

If you're driving in Urban areas there's street lights and if you live in the countryside put your full beams on! :P

If you can't see clearly enough with the standard bulbs then you shouldn't be driving!! :P :lol:

Try driving back from Perth in the Snow/Sleet/Rain with a fully clouded nights sky and spray all over with people blinding you on the other side and the headlights are struggling to pick up the white lines, its not nice :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links