Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Head Unit

themonkeytree

new head unit has just arrived.

as has the facia plate for a standard stereo., any ideas how to remove the old unit.

proberbaly the four allen bolts on the front but i dont want to risk any damage.

any ideas??

as has the facia plate for a standard stereo., any ideas how to remove the old unit.

proberbaly the four allen bolts on the front but i dont want to risk any damage.

any ideas??

the 4 bolts /screws on the front rings a bell but mines a 4.1

any problem then leave the window open and some kind person will remove it for you.... :D

Be careful when opening the cover after removing the 4 screws. The metal thingy on the back that the screw goes into might be loose and will fall into the airduct. You can retrieve it, but it's a pain in the you-know-what.

Did it make sense? Well, I'm not an english native, so if someone cares to "translate", then your welcome :D

any ideas??

It is the allen bolts;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...D%20A3RA2-F.pdf

A world of caution .... Once you have the silver trim removed, there are 4 bolts securing the actual radio to the dash.

It is very easy for the two lower ones to drop down as you withdraw them from the head unit mounting cradle and you may never see them again! (I have lost two that way :( )

Make sure you use a magnetised nut driver to keep it secure or draw it out very carefully :)

........or squash some blutac into the nut driver - it works quite well.

if those bolts drop, you can find then when you remove the centre kick panel. (one big plastic screw on the end and one black phillips screw in the beginning) i found them all there even one from the previous owner. :lol: they can be on the side between the middle console and the floor carpet. i use a long pliers to pull them out.

I've have that off before :g: I'll look again more carefully next time I have it apart :D

on the upside, the radio is still secure with just 2 bolts ;)

did the job last night!

all was going well until i lost 2 sockets and the 2 lower screws from the head unit into the dash!!

wish i had read your responses before proceeding but thanks for your help.

i will remove the kick panel tonight and get my tools back.

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links