Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rust

fludd

i dont know which mr2 you have but from guessing from the section its mk3 i cant belive its rusting i personally wouldnt attempt to remove the window screen myself i would take it to a pro to do it as if it smashed i dont think insurance would cover it cos you removed it and all toyota parts are expensive i i would take it some where and get it done then its someone elses headache

Thats my 2p daz

I would have thought that it's a bonded screen. If this is the case then it needs professional attention for refitting as it is structurally important to the cars strength !

Like Daz said, don't chance it.

Member No.: 69495

Car Model:2000gt :rolleyes:

If your car insurance offers windscreen replacement - without affecting your NCB - then there's always that third way...BUT I'd NEVER condone such action...and how do you explain the removal of your entire screen to the fitter?

If you have a cheese wire a couple of suction cups and a few basic tools it is possible to replace a bonded screen yourself. But you would need the special glass adhesive - that gives you just one chance to position the new screen in the right place. That requires nerves of steel. I watched a fitter replace a screen - working in our driveway - and boy I WAS nervous!!

Here's someone that sells the kit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2809c80fff74f6a

The guy used an electric cordless cartridge gun to maintain a smooth bead...and needed a mini puller to get the wiper arms off! Unless you are a very experienced DIYer I'd advise leaving it to the experts!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links