Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service

theenemywithin

I've got the 6 Year 60K service coming up in January.

So far i have a Full Toyota Service History.

I'm not planning on selling my car at all so do i continue with the Toyota service or go to a reputable garage???

I'm going to get some coilovers fitted at the same time as the service so i think a garage would be the cheaper option.

If i go for the garage option what bits do i need for this service and would anybody recommend any uprated aftermarket bit's for this service i.e. Oil/Fuel filter, Oil, Plugs, Brake Fluid.....etc.

I would go to a decent local garage

Oil: Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w30/10w40 Semi Synthetic 5L and filter. I paid around £23 in vat for both at a local dealer!

Other than that: Millers XSS 5w30/10W40, its around £17 for 5 litres or if you go fully synthetic Millers XFS 5w40, think its around the £28 mark.

Always use Genuine Toyota oil filter!

Plugs, Brake Fluid...I just went for Toyotas own stuff, to be honest its hard to beat!

plugs will need doing, NGK Iridium.

Filter, anything will do. i've got a panel in mine and i don't think its that much different to a paper filter.

oil filter - i would get toyota originals.

brakes - AVOID 3G and black diamond. acutally, avoid anything that is drilled. EBC brake pads are good with solid discs.

Brake Fluid - DOT 5.1 Mobil 1

Oil - Mobil 1 0w40

Fuel Filter - i would go toyota original

i would go to any garage to be honest but one that knows toyotas inside out. I do all my servicing myself as I hate other people touching my car and frankly service i've had from my local toyota garage is crap.

I've been to my Local Garage (he specalises in Nissan 200z)

£125 to fit and set up some Coilovers. He recommended Tein or K-Sport.

Does anybody know what is involved in the 6 Year 60K service???

Does it need Cam belt + Plugs changing???

Does anybody know what is involved in the 6 Year 60K service???

Does it need Cam belt + Plugs changing???

Plugs, yes I think at 60k.

Cam Belt, it has a chain not a belt. So no.

I've spoken to the Garage again.

£140 for the service with me supplying the Oil, Filter and Plugs.

How much would Toyota Garage charge for this Service???

Which online shop can i get the aboce from???

plugs will need doing, NGK iridium.

Filter, anything will do. i've got a panel in mine and i don't think its that much different to a paper filter.

brakes - AVOID 3G and black diamond. acutally, avoid anything that is drilled. EBC brake pads are good with solid discs.

Oil - Mobil 1 0w40

i would go to any garage to be honest but one that knows toyotas inside out. I do all my servicing myself as I hate other people touching my car and frankly service i've had from my local toyota garage is crap.

Try and ignore this muppets opinions if you want your car to last, the standard filter is a panel filter.

good luck selling your car with lack of service history

plugs will need doing, NGK iridium.

Oil - Mobil 1 0w40

Try and ignore this muppets opinions if you want your car to last, the standard filter is a panel filter.

good luck selling your car with lack of service history

I think Muppet is un called for, nrgizer's car has a K & N Panel Filter fitted from memory not the standard OEM filter. Bar the Fuel Filter (which is in the fuel tank), the advice is sound.

The original post states "not planning on selling my car at all" so service history wont affect the future sale value, if its never sold :P ;)

mmm.. muppet, i think thats a bit inappropriate.

I've got a blitz filter and tbh on i can't tell the difference between that and a stock paper filter. apparently you can tell the difference with a typhoon but as i don't have one i can't comment.

The fuel filter can be changed by remvoing the fuel level sender, i think the pump is also in there but i haven't looked. Last time i looked blueprint do make a fuel filter so you can get a pattern part.

THere have been many articles on the internet and in the press that categorically state on a"run of the mill" car, it isn't worth having a dealer service when the warranty runs out. You will never recoup the money when you come to sell the car. ON something like a ferrari or a porsche, then its worth having a dealer service history. On a corolla it isn't.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links