Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dvd+gps+tv+bt+ipod+radio For Corolla & Auris

kungcoccos

the Corolla model looks like it was made from the factory, while this one seems one made up in a hurry... and the screen is just 6.2" vs. 7".

I think I'll wait until they release the right-looking model.

Maybe they were reading this forum and found out that there's plenty of people wishing for the Auris model, so they decided to release

something (in a hurry, of course). Now we see what happens when you hurry too much, it's not good for anyone! ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Andz

• mountain_mania

• Ael

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the Corolla model looks like it was made from the factory, while this one seems one made up in a hurry... and the screen is just 6.2" vs. 7".

I think I'll wait until they release the right-looking model.

Maybe they were reading this forum and found out that there's plenty of people wishing for the Auris model, so they decided to release

something (in a hurry, of course). Now we see what happens when you hurry too much, it's not good for anyone! ;)

Oops :rolleyes: Actually, I was the one who sent them the correct dimension posted here by Ael - sent them other pics, too... hoping they will consider the future release of a Auris dedicated head unit. I'd say... patience :).

That's the same think on of the delers of toyota are doing in Israel, that add to the panel a system from Pioneer or Panasonic and they request 2500$-3000$. Way to expensive for what you get!

Congratulations!

Autodvdgps.com released the car DVD for Auris just now. Here is the link:Car DVD player with built-in GPS navigation and 6.2" LCD touchscreen for Toyota Auris + TV Radio tuner + bluetooth + special frame

ToyotaAurisFrame.JPG

Same device they put on Honda Civic (USA Edition) and maybe some other cars. Only front panel is different. That one is ugly ,i wont buy it , the Corrola's one is much better ,look's like the original and it is CHEAPER !!! Yesterday the price of this was 460$ ,today is 430 :huh: I'll wait for some other release B)

P.S. Damn my english is so bad :unsure:

Same device they put on Honda Civic (USA Edition) and maybe some other cars. Only front panel is different. That one is ugly ,i wont buy it , the Corrola's one is much better ,look's like the original and it is CHEAPER !!! Yesterday the price of this was 460$ ,today is 430 :huh: I'll wait for some other release B)

P.S. Damn my english is so bad :unsure:

You are right. The harmony of the interior makes the Auris unique. This device destroys the harmony of the "bridge", since it is quite ugly :bag: ... buttons has different lay out, colour of lights and so on...

Look guys!!! TYT 802B for Corolla on Auris. The guy did his own

modifications to it and made from Corolla and Auris double din

facias a facia, which fits TYT 802B on Auris. Big respect to Auris Russia -forum's

user Andron for the hard work and very good-loking installation which looks like this:

177153w.jpg

177154w.jpg

177155w.jpg

177156w.jpg

177157w.jpg

177158w.jpg

Sweet :drool: Price ?!

The price is around 550 euros.

Alex, could you please post the original thread at the Auris Russia forums. ;)

Here's the link to the original thread.

But be patient, the site is extremely slow sometimes!

Best regards, Alex

Look guys!!! TYT 802B for Corolla on Auris. The guy did his own

modifications to it and made from Corolla and Auris double din

facias a facia, which fits TYT 802B on Auris. Big respect to Auris Russia -forum's

user Andron for the hard work and very good-loking installation which looks like this:

Nice find, Alex! That guy did an awesome job - I still don't know how he did it, but the result is great!

Found something new, this should fit on Auris...

http://www.cardvdkit.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=46

"Sorry, the product was not found."

Edit: Is that it ?

Try this one:

http://www.cardvdkit.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=58

Unfortunately, they're giving the same dimensions as for all the other Corolla units - so despite their claims that it fits Auris, I doubt it.

Looks like you found it before I posted my message... That's the one... apart from the wrong dimensions, the price is double from other sites - come on, it's a no-name, made in China, not the original navi system for Auris!

I agree with u Andz :thumbsup: Is there a possibility only my audio device is smaller because of manual air conditioning and a car with automatic air conditioning the audio system is different size ?

I agree with u Andz :thumbsup: Is there a possibility only my audio device is smaller because of manual air conditioning and a car with automatic air conditioning the audio system is different size ?

I don't think so... Actually I measured the radio-cd head unit on my Auris (with automatic A/C) and the sizes were the same reported here: 244 x 120 x 233 (mm). So unless we have exceltional DIY skills like Andron from Toyota Russian forum, I'd say let's wait for China manufacturers to produce the head unit we need it for Auris.

Edit: Is that it ? Sorry but the dimensions are the same like the corrola's one... so it will not fit in 120mm

Yes, that's the unit. Didn't know about dimensions, just posted the link because the site said that it fits Auris.

Unfortunately seems that the information was wrong... And I agree, the price is really too high!

Best regards, Alex

Edit: Is that it ? Sorry but the dimensions are the same like the corrola's one... so it will not fit in 120mm

Yes, that's the unit. Didn't know about dimensions, just posted the link because the site said that it fits Auris.

Unfortunately seems that the information was wrong... And I agree, the price is really too high!

Best regards, Alex

That guy, Andron, did a pretty good job! I think he actually chopped down the aftermarket Corolla unit panel and put it inside the modified (carved) Auris facia :o, glued those two parts together, sanded the final piece, primered and painted it!!! Wow! That requires some serious skills and time... and I've got none of them!

the photo showed by alexC is for Corolla 2007 and 2008. Actually, the size of Corolla 2007 2008 and Auris is not the same. I just bought the car DVD player with frame for Auris on autodvdgps.com. The interface is the same as the COROLLA701, though the screen is a litter smaller. I have no choose, because i can not find car DVD player designed for Auris. Auris is not popular in China.

the photo showed by alexC is for Corolla 2007 and 2008. Actually, the size of Corolla 2007 2008 and Auris is not the same. I just bought the car DVD player with frame for Auris on autodvdgps.com. The interface is the same as the COROLLA701, though the screen is a litter smaller. I have no choose, because i can not find car DVD player designed for Auris. Auris is not popular in China.

Do you have Auris or Camry? For Auris you can always fit some player from Kenwood or other makes like Alpine etc. For camry there are some players too.

I can send you some links when you'll let me know for which car are you searching the player for!

Best regards, Alex

• 1 month later...

Is there any news?

I found this page:

http://yiton.diytrade.com/sdp/451844/4/pd-...55-1252079.html

Of course, this doesn't fix into the Auris. On this page there is opportunity to talk with the seller via MSN. I did it...

He wasn't able to give me straight answer.

Our conversation:

laci says:

is there any chance, to have this device with auris frame?

User says:

yes,

User says:

but our factory no have Auris now

laci says:

what does it mean?

laci says:

there will be in the near future?

User says:

we are no have this product(Auris of Car DVD) now

laci says:

but you plan to do?

Please try to chat to them and keep them under pressure, and maybe....

Anyway, if anybody get positive answer, please do not forget to mention, that the main inner light of the Auris is orange, not blue :thumbsup:

Looks good... Did he quote you a price?

Looks good... Did he quote you a price?

This was the end of our conversation. Before that I just explained our problem. I guess, there is no solution in their pocket, but they are not able to tell me.

I wrote:

-but you plan to do?

and no answer...

The other things doesn't seem expensive. For instance:

http://yiton.diytrade.com/sdp/451844/4/pd-...37-1252079.html

http://yiton.diytrade.com/sdp/451844/4/pd-...37-1252079.html

The ship costs would be more than these prices...

Whata about the quality? Who knows :bag:

I talked to a guy again in MSN.

They know exactly that their device doesn't fix into Auris. He will send me a link, where I can find solution.

(Nowadays, there is holiday in China (Spring Festival) but after it, he will help me.)

I hope he won't send me a link, where I can buy an universal player and an Auris frame.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links