Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

doogal

hi my 57 t180 is returning 34 mpg :(

this is town driving would have liked 40 plus and also i am driving very conservative

anybody got any feedback on this

thanks ;)

ps on a run its returning 45 :)

There is a great deal been written on this subject. Just run a search.

sorry mate dont know where to search just new on the scene

Hi doogal, try sifting through this lot. Some of it got quite heated. BTW welcome to the forum.

MPG

sorry mate dont know where to search just new on the scene

Hi doogal, try sifting through this lot. Some of it got quite heated. BTW welcome to the forum.

MPG

thanks for the reply found the topic just what i was lookin for

still no answer but now more educated

very dissapointed wish i had read this before buying

might have bought something else instead

my problems exactly

ie fuel consumption and road noise toyota needs to adress this

my wife and i very happy apart from these (i would say) major problems

my brother has a 150 1.9 tdi golf better prformance and better mpg

Keeping this in perspective:

The in town MPG for the Auris SR 180 is 35.8 officially a Golf 2.0 TDI 170 is 36.2, its hard to see an issue.

The older VAG 1.9 PD TDI 110/130/150 were better on fuel as they werent so restricted, modern engines are cleaner thus producing less NOX and other dirty exhaust gases, modern diesels all have this lower MPG issue to meet Euro 4 and going forward Euro 5/6, it also affects trucks/buses etc.

This is why modern diesels dont blow smoke, a lot of power is used cleaning the exhaust gas!

I also think you are doing a decent mpg.

In heavy clogged traffic accelerate the car without using the accelerator (you use the gears). You may need to maintain a gap from the car in front. Obviously avoid breaking or stopping (unless you letting people out) and ease off early at traffic lights.

I am only seeing 45mpg (2.0 D-4D) mainly due to having some nice new tyres and the Diesel's don't seem to like short runs in the cold.

got to admit after reading this ido feel better

monday to friday wife does 100-120 miles short runs

if you think that my mpg of 34 is ok for my car then i can accept it we do like the car

already read previous topic and thought it was a problem

cheers guys good site ;)

also guys i might be dumb here but is the d4dt180dcat the same engine as the sr180 :unsure:

Yup. :)

got to admit after reading this ido feel better
You will do if you take it out on a long run on country roads expect 50mpg
monday to friday wife does 100-120 miles short runs
My wife brings down my average mpg by over 5mpg!!!! before handing it back to me :D So in reality your getting 40mpg.

Hi Doogal,

I have a 57, SR180, Day in Day out it averages 33Mpg on a mixture of roads, I've only had the car 3 weeks & still tend to be driving everywhere flatout, with a big grin on my face.

I bought the car in Manchester, and all the way back up to the north east of Scotland, couldn't get the average above 43Mpg no matter what style it was driven. Then again I knew it wasn't going to be the most economical with that sort of grunt.

We have diesel Golf's as pool cars at my work & I must admit they are not so refined as the Auris, especially after 2500Rpm when they become quite harsh & noisy, although I must admit the Golf's do handle slightly better on twisty country roads.

After driving both cars regulary, I would plump for the Auris every time.

Hi Doogal,

I have a 57, SR180, Day in Day out it averages 33Mpg on a mixture of roads, I've only had the car 3 weeks & still tend to be driving everywhere flatout, with a big grin on my face.

I bought the car in Manchester, and all the way back up to the north east of Scotland, couldn't get the average above 43Mpg no matter what style it was driven. Then again I knew it wasn't going to be the most economical with that sort of grunt.

We have diesel Golf's as pool cars at my work & I must admit they are not so refined as the Auris, especially after 2500Rpm when they become quite harsh & noisy, although I must admit the Golf's do handle slightly better on twisty country roads.

Having owned my T180 for 9 months i can say and conclude on the following:

1. If i drive the car normally without thrashing it on motorway or going above 3k revs round town, i can achieve 43mpg on any one tank.

2. If i thrash it (on and off motorway) i can expect 37mpg on any one tank.

I am ok with these figures as i think we forget that this is a 2.2 litre engine with lots of power and torque, it does fine for what it is.

After the remap i had a trip to Bristol from London and defintely i am feeling a difference with the car's responsiveness. Can't say the economy has improved, but rev below 2k is better and power between 2-3k is stronger.

Is this a placebo effect? Not sure, but i am happy with it anyway! :thumbsup:

Hi Doogal,

1. If i drive the car normally without thrashing it on motorway or going above 3k revs round town, i can achieve 43mpg on any one tank.

I am ok with these figures as i think we forget that this is a 2.2 litre engine with lots of power and torque, it does fine for what it is.

After the remap i had a trip to Bristol from London and defintely i am feeling a difference with the car's responsiveness. Can't say the economy has improved, but rev below 2k is better and power between 2-3k is stronger.

My god, the sad Toyota reps are still at it !

The Fuel economy of this engine is abysmal and does not compare to anything else, except a V8 petrol !!! Unfortunately it doesn't go like one!!!

Hi Doogal,

What are the dyno results, before and after the remap?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links