Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Eleky Problem!

glenco

Hi guys

I recently purchased a 54 plate mr2 with hardtop and A/C very happy with the car. Unfortunately this morning went to open car with remote and nothing. Tried with spare fob and still nothing. Bought new Battery and re-tried but no joy. Managed to open doors manually which set off alarm and start engine so immobiliser seems fine. Anyway got car recovered back to dealer and low and behold the fobs alledgedly are working again! Whats going on? So far ive been delighted with car but my worry is this will happen again any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Sorry cant help you with problem but WELCOME to TOC :thumbsup:

Well Mr T recoded the keys which worked for a while but then i couldnt lock or unlock the doors again. Anyway located the fault to a micro switch in the ignition barrel. Basically when you remove the key the switch is sticking making the car think the key is still in the ignition so not allowing you to lock or unlock the car. Just waiting for part from japan!! cheap and hopefully will cure all the problems and let me enjoy driving again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links