Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mk6 Wheel Recall

jaymin

just been asked by my new toyota dearler do i what to change my wheels for 15 inch as part of a recall

anyone got any info........

thanks

just been asked by my new toyota dearler do i what to change my wheels for 15 inch as part of a recall

anyone got any info........

thanks

loads of info on this on www.hpoc.co.uk (hilux pickup owners club) but basically its not a recall and if you refuse it wont effect your warranty. Some of the guys are using it as an opportunity to get free tyres as theirs needed replacing, but i think 15's look awful (there again i do have 22's). Anyway it goes back to the elk test that was done on a lux and it became a bit wobbly. Mines lifted and is ok. If you do go for it, they will replace them with the current Invincibles 15s but there is a huge back order, about 3 months i think

The "Elk" test as it is called is a non scientific test performed by car magazines and the like, and it is sometimes used as "Gospel" to the way a vehicle handles

The Customer Satisfaction Campaign on the Hilux Invincible has been introduced to provide owners with an option to replace their wheels, if they are concerned by reports made by a Swedish motor magazine (Tekniken’s Vaerld),

about poor handling. The Hilux has been thoroughly and repeatedly tested not only in the so-called Elk test but also in other test procedures (namely ISO3888-2), simulations and calculations to secure handling and stability performance during several stages of development.

Even though Toyota have been unable to replicate systematically the ‘Elk test’ result as described by the

magazine they have taken the option of supplying 15" wheels to put customers minds at ease. It is NOT a recall, and it is up to the customer if they want to change over to the 15" wheel option

Kingo :thumbsup:

It is NOT a recall, and it is up to the customer if they want to change over to the 15" wheel option

It's very frustrating that some dealers seem to be unaware of the options available to customers though. My dealer told me that the only option available was to replace the 16" Invincible wheels with the 15" HL3 wheels. Toyota Customer Services confirmed that this is not the case - the 15" wheels off the current Invincible can be specified but my dealer was unaware of this.

My dealer also told me that warranty work on my vehicle would be stopped until i had either agreed to accept the 15" wheel option or sign an acceptance form that i was aware of possible safety issues with the 16" wheel and was prepared to accept it. I know other owners have since spoken to Toyota Customer Care who have confirmed that the warranty will not be affected if you refuse to accept the 15" option or sign the disclaimer tho. :angry:

It is NOT a recall, and it is up to the customer if they want to change over to the 15" wheel option

It's very frustrating that some dealers seem to be unaware of the options available to customers though. My dealer told me that the only option available was to replace the 16" Invincible wheels with the 15" HL3 wheels. Toyota Customer Services confirmed that this is not the case - the 15" wheels off the current Invincible can be specified but my dealer was unaware of this.

My dealer also told me that warranty work on my vehicle would be stopped until i had either agreed to accept the 15" wheel option or sign an acceptance form that i was aware of possible safety issues with the 16" wheel and was prepared to accept it. I know other owners have since spoken to Toyota Customer Care who have confirmed that the warranty will not be affected if you refuse to accept the 15" option or sign the disclaimer tho. :angry:

With it being a CSC and not a recall, you cant force somebody to sign a disclaimer, that is plain stupid and whoever said it wants locking up!!! Your warranty will NOT be affected if you choose to keep the 16" wheels

Kingo :thumbsup:

All i can say is who in their right mind would swap 16's for 15's.....you'd have to be crazy..........it's like me asking you if you will swap me a tenner for a fiver! Bad handling or not.....i'm sticking with my 16's :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links