Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'cheap And Cheerful' Styling Mods

Wicker

Out of curiosity, what cheap and cheerful styling mods are available to the E12 facelift corolla? I can't really find anything other than 'Universal self-adhesive chrome effect strips'. Obviously I know that there are the options of the TTE bumper and spoiler, and hopefully they will come in time, but for now I just want a few subtle things.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

-Wicker

You can try things like tax disc holders, gear-knobs, oil caps, hand-brake handles, vent rings, dust caps, radiatior caps and you can also try making your own angel eyes for your car!

If you have the time and the patience, you can respray parts of your interior yourself:

All you need to do is buy some Plasticote spray paint of your colour choice, buy some lacquer and then take out the peice of trim that you want to spray and then put about 6-8 coats of the paint on, taking 45 minutes after every coat until you put the next one. Once you have sprayed it enough, you then need to put 5-6 coats of lacquer on depending on how well it sticks. Yet again, taking 45 minutes between each coat. It takes a long time but when you've taken the time and it's done well, you feel really pleased. Remember to leave the trim to dry for about ten hours until attempting to refit!

If you want to paint vinyl however, you need to use a vinyl paint instead, and a vinyl lacquer if you can find one somewhere because the paint will crack and peel otherwise!

Some of the first things mentioned may sound chavvy but if you get the right names on your car and they're not too flashy, then you should be O.k.

Hope this helped :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links