Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clarkson....

clive1471

Clarkson is fantastic at what he is paid to do, simple as that....... my kind of humour

Personally i could watch TG all day, so entertaining ....

This thread did make me .... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cheers:

• 7 months later...

I think Clarkson has done some damage. I drive my Prius as a taxi and am continually getting people telling me I'm responsible for global warming because the car has a toxic Battery in the back and Clarkson says its less economical than a BMW diesel! When I show them I get 50mpg in a smooth, quiet, comfortable car they do start to change their minds.

There again, many also think that I have to plug it in at night!!!! And/or think that once the main Battery is flat then that's it until I next plug it in.

I know it's obvious to us (because we own one) but I think there is a LOT of misunderstanding about the Prius and Hybrid systems in general. Perhaps an advertising campaign by Toyota clarifying that real world results are good and that the car self charges and doesn't need plugging in might be in order?

Honestly, I get asked about 5 times a day about where do I plug it in?!?!?

I had a conversation with a Council leader looking to put Prius into the fleet because of the "green" aspect of the car, he was worried about the extra infrastructure and expense required for "plugging it in at night" :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I had a conversation with a Council leader looking to put Prius into the fleet because of the "green" aspect of the car, he was worried about the extra infrastructure and expense required for "plugging it in at night" :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

WEll Toyota have now brought out a Plug In Prius.... and yes it does need charging up...and yes you need to plug it in....Not connected to a normal 13amp plug though....need something with a bit more zing......So Kingo best get that councilor back on the phone and order him up couple....... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

WEll Toyota have now brought out a Plug In Prius.... and yes it does need charging up...and yes you need to plug it in....Not connected to a normal 13amp plug though....need something with a bit more zing......So Kingo best get that councilor back on the phone and order him up couple....... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sorry Chatman, your wrong.

From the Toyota press release:

"The Prius PHV can be charged using an external power source such as a household electric outlet and is the first vehicle produced by Toyota to be propelled by a lithium-ion Battery. "

HYBRID SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

Drive Battery

Lithium-ion

Capacity

5.2 kWh

Rated voltage

345.6 V

Charging time

Approx. 180 minutes (AC100 V)

Approx. 100 minutes (AC200 V)

:thumbsup:

I know how to raise up the Prius in Mr Clarkson's esteem. Point out it will never be seen towing a caravan. :D

Not in the UK anyway.

Plenty of USA Prius owners have fitted a tow bar.

A story appeared a while ago of someone complaining that there was no female in the Top Gear team, drawn to the attention of the appropriate Ministry the reply came back - "There is no need, Mr Clarkson already drives like a big girl."

Pkram

I enjoy watching top gear for its laughs & the challenges they do, but i take no notice of their reviews, and they would not influence my judgement/decision in the purchase of a new car.

I do feel sorry for the manufactures tho who have to put-up with his bad (or good) marketing.

When I went to look at the new ford fiesta (which I was considering, before buying the aygo) one of the first things the salesman said was “Clarkson thinks highly of it”...so what.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links