Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Wear Problem

adg1

For a couple of years I've been having tyre issues. On average every 6K miles the rear tyres have had to be changed due to excessive wear on the inner edges of the tyre (sorry for the poor terminology). I've had tyres changed at Toyota and an independent tyre fitter and they both did re-aligning and tracking to rectify the problem. However checking the tyres yesterday, they are worn again in the same place (after 6K miles). Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas as tracking and re-alignment isn't solving the problem.

Many thanks in advance

Getting an allignment/tracking done won't measure the Camber settings... for this you would need a full global geometric check.. this checks around 15 different angles as opposed to the two angles (front toe and centre line) of normal tracking checks. Gettinf a full global check carried out should pinpoint the cause of your problems, it's more expensive but will work out cheaper in the long run.

An update

I had the sub frame loosened and then re-tightened which has corrected on of my rears but the other is still a tad out. It's been suggested that the next step would be to replace the "arm" and if that doesn't work the "knuckle" will need to be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links