Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Arches And Rubbish....

Dinky_05

Hi - I have noticed recently that the areas ahead of the rear wheels in the arches are catching a lot of junk not to mention water and mud. worst thing found so far is a nappy in a bag (used....)

do you guys notice any rust or have you taken any action to solve this? we're thinking of getting the car waxoyled - is there a better solution? looks like this will be a problem area in years to come and we asked about arch liners but were told none were ever fitted?

thanks

Hi dinky ive noticed the same problem with gunge collecting in the arches , but all i do is when i wash my car ( every weekend) i just direct the hosepipe to the arches and wash it away . The paint Mr T has put in this area should keep the dreaded rust away hopefully

I use a jet wash to clear this area. But this part is anti-corrosion sheet steel (galvanized), with anti-rust wax, sealer and anti chipping paint. Furthermore a layer of PVC is sprayed on to help prevent stone chips. So there is really nothing to be concerned about.

The only significant part of the Aygo body that is not made of anti-corrosion sheet steel is the roof

I use a jet wash to clear this area. But this part is anti-corrosion sheet steel (galvanized), with anti-rust wax, sealer and anti chipping paint. Furthermore a layer of PVC is sprayed on to help prevent stone chips. So there is really nothing to be concerned about.

The only significant part of the Aygo body that is not made of anti-corrosion sheet steel is the roof

good ole pressure wash always seems to work :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links