Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blitz Supercharger Or Silverstone Performance Supercharger?

Ckman85

Well, as some of u mite know, im planning to supercharge my car during spring or summer. Originally i was gna go for the blitz supercharger, but now that Yen is SO High at the moment, its gna cost me a fortune purchasing it from Japan. So im deciding if to still carry on saving up for the Blitz supercharger and fork out that much more money or just go to Silverstone Performance and get the TTE supercharger and Front Mount intercooler.

Does n e one know the power gains from both products? Also wot do u get with the Kit from Silverstone performance? i read that u get custom made Pulley for the charger aswell?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ckman85

• supra25

• Norfolk n Chance

• farhanali89

the power gains will be completely dependant on boost levels and management, keep us informed on what you decide

how much does the Silverstone performance supercharger kit cost and how much does the blitz one cost which one give you the most HP gains????????

or you could go with the one that sounds the best e.g. if someone comes up to you and asks about your car and you say "it has a Silverstone performance supercharger" or "it has a BlitZ supercharger" which one sounds cooler to you lol :lol:

Well, I'd Love a Blitz one. Purely because it sounds like.... this!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

It may not be to some peoples likings, but I love it.. :P and Yes, I do realise that's a celica but it's the same bloody componant. >_>

EDIT: Ok, so it's not just me apparently.. Sound isn't working on that vid, Listen to this one...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

TTE is much cheaper? 1850£?

Blitz was over 3000£ when i last looked at it.

Blitz "sounds" nicer but i wouldn't pay few grands extra for it.

It may not be to some peoples likings, but I love it.. :P and Yes, I do realise that's a celica but it's the same bloody component. >_>

Sounds like a hard driven milk float to me :lol: :P

Sorry for the hijacking.... ;)

It may not be to some peoples likings, but I love it.. :P and Yes, I do realise that's a celica but it's the same !Removed! component. >_>

lmao ! mind u i do like the sound of the rolla compressor, anyone rough idea how much the compressors are going for now ?

It's like a bark. Supercharger varient of a Dump Valve. If you get the full Blitz kit with Intercooler and all, you will actually get an additional Dump Valve. I like it... lol.

It may not be to some peoples likings, but I love it.. :P and Yes, I do realise that's a celica but it's the same !Removed! component. >_>

lmao ! mind u i do like the sound of the rolla compressor, anyone rough idea how much the compressors are going for now ?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...earch_full.y=11

TTE is much cheaper? 1850£?

Blitz was over 3000£ when i last looked at it.

Blitz "sounds" nicer but i wouldn't pay few grands extra for it.

Blitz is nearer £4k

As is Silverstone's but i think that includes fitting

Well id obviously prefer to hav the Blitz supercharger, im actually willing to pay £4k for the kit and i believe fensport r selling it for just under £4k on there site, but the thing is i dnt think they hav updated their website for a while and since the Yen has recently gone up im sure itll cost ova £4k may even b almost £5k just for the kit and then itll probs cost another £1k just to fit it whereas silverstone performance r selling and fitting the whole kit for around £4200 including VAT, but im not to sure how much more gain the Blitz kit givs and i think Silverstone performance takes the car to 230bhp.

Hmmmm decisions decisions :unsure:

P.S: bfor n e 1 says i shud sell my car and just buy a compressor, its bcos ive spent quite a fare bit on after market parts and itll cost me a fotune getting these parts again

yea agreed the supercharger alone is 1850...plus labour id say a grand and then ontop of that upgrades intercooler, tuned, pullers will take it over 3k. Still tte charger works out cheaper than the blitz

Well id obviously prefer to hav the Blitz supercharger, im actually willing to pay £4k for the kit and i believe fensport r selling it for just under £4k on there site, but the thing is i dnt think they hav updated their website for a while and since the Yen has recently gone up im sure itll cost ova £4k may even b almost £5k just for the kit and then itll probs cost another £1k just to fit it whereas silverstone performance r selling and fitting the whole kit for around £4200 including VAT, but im not to sure how much more gain the Blitz kit givs and i think Silverstone performance takes the car to 230bhp.

P.S: bfor n e 1 says i shud sell my car and just buy a compressor, its bcos ive spent quite a fare bit on after market parts and itll cost me a fotune getting these parts again

is it worth 4200 for 230 bhp........making me consider just keeping the car NA and getting the best from it as that.

is it worth 4200 for 230 bhp........making me consider just keeping the car NA and getting the best from it as that.

ummm, probs not really, but in the end of the day, every1 i know will KILL ME if i get a new car, so ill need to get something they wont notice AHAHAHAHA. Plus i still really like my car and planning to keep it for a while and just kinda turn it into a project car

Those compressor TS's looked pretty cheap, under 10000£.

Just change your na to a compressor.

I'm so jealous that you have cars that cheap in the UK..

ummm, probs not really, but in the end of the day, every1 i know will KILL ME if i get a new car,

Treat yourself to a new car... i'm sure they would be lots of interest for parts on toc! :lol:

Silverstone upgrade is appx. £42-4300 including labour and VAT (I have the pricelist if anybody's interested. Just e-mail/PM me). That is compressor, intercooler upgrade with induction kit, piggyback dyno and remap. That's a pretty good deal in my book (then again..I'm used to Norwegian prices..hehe). The intercooler upgrade is £2200 parts, labour and dyno included. This is for RHD cars.

I installed the compressor myself, and all in all I totaled about £1900 installed. Mind you, I have a LHD and the kit is cheaper for that (you need a new AC hose for RHD which is pricy).

It will obviously vary from car to car, but SP gives a peak result of 250bhp/258Nm (190 ft. lbs) possible in the end. That's a pretty big leap from the around 125 ft. lbs the stock TS sports. Just with the compressor install I have a much more usable midrange. I haven't dyno'd yet, but figures claim that the compressor gives you around 147 ft. lbs. of torque, peaking at around 4K rpm. You gotta look at the torque these mods give in order to relate to the expense and gain. BHP wise it doesn't look too impressive, but it's a huge difference feeling the pull from around 3500 rpm as opposed having to wait for the lift, even with just the compressor! ;) ...and don't forget the sound! :D

Now..with just the compressor upgrade SP uses the stock clutchengaging pulley on the Ogura SC. IF you also do the intercooler upgrade they custom make a new pulley in order to increase boost. The SC will after that be permantly engaged. Boost is raised appx. 2 psi in relation to stock Toyota (stock compressor peaks at 8 psi \ 0.56 bars officially) across the line.

So the SP package runs a pretty moderate boost which, I believe, is absolutely intentional. I think they wanna keep the specs well within the tolerances and needs of everyday driving, but at the same time gain the "tuned" feeling and performance.

There is on guy on the forum here who is getting the intercooler upgrade to his compressor done at the end of the month. I am also considering taking my car over and having it done in the end of february. In any case you will AT LEAST have one person to get experiences from, possibly (hopefully) two. Progress on that can be followed here: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=90916&hl=

As for the Blitz kit I haven't a lot of info other than the aforementioned higher price, and I do believe you can get more power gain from this. If memory serves the Ogura compressor is good for up to 15 psi...but at one point one needs to start worrying about compression, pistons, clutch etc. The SP upgrade will, according to SP themselves, run fine on a standard TS clutch if it is not worn.

There's a chap in New Zealand running 300bhp with the Blitz kit B)

Unsure what other mods he has tho ;)

Well that's my shopping list sorted! :lol:

300hp and stock internals? is that right?

Am I right in saying these's kit are bolt on no engine mod needed?

Yup, TTE designed it as a bolt on, guessing Blitz did the same ;)

Yup, TTE designed it as a bolt on, guessing Blitz did the same ;)

Correction: Slight modification to the engine block for TTE kit on pre-facelift TS's. You need to grind off part of the old alternator mount..!! :o If not you won't be able to fit the SC on. It should be the same for the Blitz kit, I imagine, seeing that it is the same SC.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links