Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Wanna Buy A Yaris

Fry-Up

ok, i've got to sell my car first, but i'm gonna spend as much time on here askin silly questions and useful questions so I know what to look for when it comes to buying a Yaris, so here's a couple to get me started, and I shall add, that i'm not doin any silly surveys or anything, i'm genuinely after buying a car and just want to make sure i'm clued up before I buy, Thanks in advance

1. do I have to pay a fee to enable me to advertise my car in the for sale section? cos I don't wanna break any rules

2. I have been looking towards a T3, SR or T-Sport, are there any pro's or cons to any of those models?

3. I've seen digital dials and Needles, are these model specific and do the digital ones go faulty at all?

I have a budget of £3,500 Absolute MAX

Hi Fry-up... The 1.0 litre and the 1.3models all have digital display. The T-sport has conventional clocks or needles.

On the subject of the digital display going faulty, well i've only had my SR just over a year and it's been fine. I actually prefer it now to conventional clocks.

Ans a budget of £3.5k will get you a very nice SR or T-sport....If it's your first car the insurance on a t-sport might be a killer, although not as high as most other hot-hatches. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

Regarding the digital display I've had mine for 5 years and never had a problem with it. Can't help with the other questions though as I have only ever had my current D-4D Yaris.

ok, well I think its the T-sport i'm gonna be goin for, altho I do prefer the digital display, but its only a small sacrifice, I'm currently insured on a Lexus IS so i'm certain insurance on the T-sport won't be an issue

Raeman I see your signature says your 1.3 SR is surprisingly quick, since I haven't driven any I have only looked at published figures on Parkers, whats the T-sport got that the SR hasn't?

a few differences off the top of my head:

1.5 engine with different gear ratio

20mm lower chassis

sunroof

side airbags

better supporting height adjustable sports seats

more soundproofing

front fog lights

colour coded wing mirrors

other styling changes in bumpers, headlights, interior trim etc.

1. do I have to pay a fee to enable me to advertise my car in the for sale section? cos I don't wanna break any rules

If you look at the top right hand of the screen, you will see my controls

click on it, look at bottom left you see options click purchase paid subscriptions.

You can pay a one off fee to sell your car on the boards :thumbsup:

As for the yaris good choice of car, i had the Tsport for 5 years

never had any problems with her :D

S'got to be the T-Sport for me then, Thanks very much for the help, I shall be back when i'm in a position to actually buy one :D

Hi Fry-up, regarding my Sr, i would have to admit that it is a very nippy car. Don't get me wrong, i've driven a lot more powerfull cars and whilst there fast, the Sr allways puts a grin on my face. It's one of the few cars i've owned that do that :thumbsup:

As Minidoughty explains about the differences, there's the power difference aswell.

The SR has 88bhp (i think) and the T-Sport 105bhp.

The only thing i don't like about mine are the seats....no support but not a problem as i'm gonna fit a full T-sport interior :drool:

Theres a Thunder Grey Yaris Sport just appeared for sale, on a 51 with 31k for £2695, £600 cheaper than the next cheapest one, advertised as a px bargain, do these come up often as i'm not in a position to buy just yet, or should I snap it up? it doesn't list service history and the chap hasn't emailed back....

Thats a very good price but make sure everything is how it should be as things can be too good to be true!

Good luck!

what kind of service work should have been carried out on a 51 by now?

I had a look at a yaris sport near me in black, it was actually very nice and clean, but it turned out the garage was selling it on behalf of someone else and they had no idea of a service history, I assume being a Toyota they normally require a Full service for every 20k or 2 years, and in intermediate service in between, but what about big things like timing belt and other things that normally last like 5 -10 years

Cheers...

I service mine myself every 10k Change oil & filter,sparks and clean the K&N filter. Really easy to do these on a yaris. ;)

On the timing belt front, we yaris drivers are lucky to have a chain instead of a belt. These need replacing every 100k i think (but don't quote me)!!

You can check it by listening for any rattles or other noises, just lift the bonnet and listen it tick over. My rule has allways been that if it sounds ok,then it probably is, as by having some old bikes i know the noise of a timing chain rattle.

Just to mention, before i bought my SR i went looking at a black SR, same age as mine (2000) and similar miles. When i looked under the sills, it had plates welded allway down one side, indicating severe rust/corrosion. :o

My guess is that the car may have been acc damaged on that side and poorly repaired. All yaris models have a 12yr corrosion warranty so any rot or rust should be frowned upon imo. In the end i spent a little bit more and got a 1 owner car with a FTSH as i felt it was worth the extra £300 than the black one.

Good luck with your search mate. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links