Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yay Aygo Wins!

SJandMR2

Surely if you take it as a percentage, which most cases of depreciation do and that means we haven't won?

I mean the Mini , Smart & Fiat 500 cost more than the Aygo to begin with so strictly speaking the percentage lost as a figure taking into account the amount they cost to buy initially may be less which actually makes them winners above a car that costs less to buy initially?

I'm not going to argue with Parkers, but I'm trying to figure out the maths in my head (bear with me, I may be some time!) :lol: :lol:

And Perodua - they sell the worst cars ever - how can they depreciate 9th and 10th best?? Does anyone even buy them considering 99% of places stay "steer clear", apart from Perodua themselves.... lol

I think that tables a bit flawed myself.... but that's my logic....

Erm why are you trying to ruin this Em, you have an Aygo, I dont care about the maths, Internet says so, so it must be right...just leave it!!! :lol:

Our local Mazda dealer has a 2006 56 reg Aygo basic five door with 20,000 miles for £5,500. Via a broker in 2006 this car could be had new for just over £6,000.

Update - just had our local paper and same dealer has an 07 56 reg '+' three door with 14,000 miles on the forecourt at £6,500 - a broker will do this car brand new for £6,300!

Surely if you take it as a percentage, which most cases of depreciation do and that means we haven't won?

I mean the Mini , Smart & Fiat 500 cost more than the Aygo to begin with so strictly speaking the percentage lost as a figure taking into account the amount they cost to buy initially may be less which actually makes them winners above a car that costs less to buy initially?

I'm not going to argue with Parkers, but I'm trying to figure out the maths in my head (bear with me, I may be some time!) :lol: :lol:

And Perodua - they sell the worst cars ever - how can they depreciate 9th and 10th best?? Does anyone even buy them considering 99% of places stay "steer clear", apart from Perodua themselves.... lol

I don't know about anyone else - but I pay for my car is £'s rather than %'s, so its the pure cost that makes the most difference to me. I think it makes far more sense to look at depreciation in terms of the actual cost rather than the % of new cost.

Loosing £4000 on a Mini costs you twice as much as loosing £2000 on an Aygo, irrespective of if this is 10% or 90% of the price you paid.

x

I don't know about anyone else - but I pay for my car is £'s rather than %'s, so its the pure cost that makes the most difference to me. I think it makes far more sense to look at depreciation in terms of the actual cost rather than the % of new cost.

Loosing £4000 on a Mini costs you twice as much as loosing £2000 on an Aygo, irrespective of if this is 10% or 90% of the price you paid.

x

Fair comment...

But Perodua? Come on - that's a flaw in the table surely! :lol: :lol:

But Perodua? Come on - that's a flaw in the table surely! :lol: :lol:

I have to agree with you there! :)

I guess given that they are only about £5000 brand new, they still loose about half their value in the first year - which by normal standards is rubbish, just in this case they are so cheap that they barely have anything to loose.

Does anyone else feel a certain smugness parking up next to expensive 4x4's thinking of the money they are wasting? I guess it's the price of vanity - I just wish I'd realised years ago.

x

It's what I was expecting to see on Aygo to be fair. I have been telling everyone on here for ages about how little money they lose ,)

The thing that mad me smile was the big losers list :lol: you wouldn't want to own a Maybach :wacko:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think this recession is going keep the Aygo at the top of the table. Woe to the toyota iQ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links