Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 4a-fe Engine Transplant

Beardie

I have a Carina E with a 4a-fe lean burn. I have acquired a brand new 4a-fe (zero miles) unit for an avensis. the main difference is that the carina E has a distributor, whilst the Avensis has a Dual coil pack. Are there any techies out there that can advise if the transplant can work with an ECU swapout. I have the complete wiring harness for the Avensis 4a-fe to plug into the ECU. Please do not reply if you do not have the technical info unless the response helps other members. Obviously if the swap is not on, the Engine will be up for sale. Both engines are 1.6 units. Regards

Is it from the new Avensis as the old one I don't think had coil packs.

I'll take that as correct. Like I said, the engine is spanking new. It's only had the bench test and never been fitted. The Head is modified so the dizzie cannot be fitted from an older unit.

Regards

Do they not have the key based immobiliser circuit as part of the ecu set up too?

There is that, but I'm hoping that the ECU Immobiliser circuit will only be activated if it senses that the transmitter in the barrel is connected. Fensport have initailly said it should work if all ancillaries are also changed, but toyota seem a little unsure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links