Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pics Of My Pipercross And Trut Brace !

crinks85

pics of my pipercross and strutbrace!

got my stuff fitted this weekend and well happy with it, the air sensor didnt like being on its side so the car wouldnt start, so i then turned it round and put it level and it stated first time, wierd but im sure theres a reason behind it ! didnt have enough time to sort out the 100mm diameter intake pipe so just used the orignal one, it does the job. :toast:

post-70444-1232919058_thumb.jpg

post-70444-1232919097_thumb.jpg

post-70444-1232919114_thumb.jpg

post-70444-1232919193_thumb.jpg

post-70444-1232919212_thumb.jpg

i know it needs it but going to wait till council stop gritting the roads, or at least when they do it properly i.e when its icy !

Nice piece of kit that pipercross. Isit a inclosed induction kit??? Think it would looka lot better if the rubber pipework was cromed aswell but most custom exhaust places can do them.

that looks like a good piece of kit, closed induction with a direct cold air feed coming out. A bit like the k&n appolo kits. Get a nice place to get that cold air feed coming out ;)

That brace, any bending of the brake pipe involved with the fitting? I spotted that one on eBay before. Was wondering cause its sort of forward from the suspension towers

the strut brace fits around the pipes beautifully, i was expecting to have to bend them, but on the air box side it rubbed on the top, as the box has a bit of movement. i have now put the viper induction on so everything is fine. :D

heres a pic of where it has marked it ;

post-70444-1232995308_thumb.jpg

Where'd ya get the strutbrace? How much, if ya don't mind me asking...

I wanna get one but don't wanna bend the brake pipes...

Induction looks sweet too btw!

Where'd ya get the strutbrace? How much, if ya don't mind me asking...

I wanna get one but don't wanna bend the brake pipes...

Induction looks sweet too btw!

i got it from eBay probs not the best one but it will do the job, try typing this in eBay 'Item number: 200298715688' think it should get you there .

the strut brace fits around the pipes beautifully, i was expecting to have to bend them, but on the air box side it rubbed on the top, as the box has a bit of movement. i have now put the viper induction on so everything is fine. :D

heres a pic of where it has marked it ;

post-70444-1232995308_thumb.jpg

Good man. Thanks for that

whats the red filter type thingy next to the induction kit ?

Im pretty sure that its an oil filter? Correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

Its goes to a catch tank aswell? :)

yer it is a breather filter thort i had to put sumet on it to be safe as you dont gat any previsions in the induction for it

• 4 weeks later...

What does the crank case breather do??

Is it just for models with a induction kit?

What does the crank case breather do??

Is it just for models with a induction kit?

It allows excess pressure in your crack case to escape to atmosphere. Most factory cars have a pipe that runs to the air intake where the gas is just recirculated through the engine with any oil being burnt off. This is cheap and effective as it leaves no mess, and costs nothing, however it hinders performance as you are putting oil and hot air into your cylinders. That crank breather filter should be mounted on your crank case where the original pipe to your intake was, the filter serves the purpose of catching oil, whilst letting gas escape. You would just take it off and clean every so often. Oil catch tanks allow your crank to breathe and collect the oil in a tank. You then drain it off when it is full. You generally only need an oil catch tank if you are bothered about keeping your engine bay tidy, as a breather will do the job just as well but may create a mess over time.

D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links