Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Year Service Cost?

jwhighdown

An older thread for you : http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86568

But it boils down to get a service plan if you can, it will work out cheaper in the long run. And the 'Toyota's Own Service Plans' are cheaper than the 'Dealer Specials' by about £100.

Just checked it and the Toyota's Own are still £279.

To find them on the Toyota UK website :

click menu ---> Owners ---> Looking after your Toyota ---> Toyota Service Plans

An older thread for you : http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86568

But it boils down to get a service plan if you can, it will work out cheaper in the long run. And the 'Toyota's Own Service Plans' are cheaper than the 'Dealer Specials' by about £100.

Just checked it and the Toyota's Own are still £279.

To find them on the Toyota UK website :

click menu ---> Owners ---> Looking after your Toyota ---> Toyota Service Plans

"Toyota service plans are only available at the time of vehicle purchase"

I didnt buy the car new from Toyota, it was a private purchase. So thats out right?

Roughly how much should a first year service cost me?

John

I don't know if its any help because I have a Yaris !!!

I have been quoted just under £100 for its first service from a Toyota dealer. ( It has done nearly 5,000 miles )

I recently spoke to our local Citroen, Peugeot & Toyota dealer. Look at the following:

Citroen - £180

Peugeot - £80

Toyota - £100

Mad to say they are using the same parts. This was for minor service (i.e. first service)

I walked into a different Toyota dealer than who I bought the car from and he sold me the Service Plan with no problem so it might be worth trying.

I recently spoke to our local Citroen, Peugeot & Toyota dealer. Look at the following:

Citroen - £180

Peugeot - £80

Toyota - £100

Mad to say they are using the same parts. This was for minor service (i.e. first service)

I know and all i can see they do is change to oil and inspect a few bits.

I walked into a different Toyota dealer than who I bought the car from and he sold me the Service Plan with no problem so it might be worth trying.

Thanks ill give my local inchcape dealer a bell tomorrow.

You might need to be a little forceful with the dealers, some aren't keen on selling the Toyota one they would rather sell their own. The dealer I bought the car from denied all knowledge of them. Just tell them that Toyota says that ALL their dealers should be selling them.

Just had the first service done at 1 year and 3000 miles.

Phoned the 3 nearest Toyota dealers to me and quote ranged from £113 to £156.

As the £113 quote was from the Mr T that I use for my MR2 roadster,and I'm more than happy with them,I,needless to say,decided to go with them.

By the way,the £156 quote was with my local Mr T who supplied the car.When I said I thought this was rather expensive and told them of the £113 quote,they offered to match the price.I didn't go with them because it took them 6 days to fit the standard accessory Toyota alarm to the Aygo,so I am not very impressed with them anyway.

In summary-

1.phone around.

2.Don't be afraid to haggle/play one dealer off against another.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links