Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Forget Chip's, Her's The Ultimate Power Boost For Diesels

dave.m

Interesting stuff and I like the way the BBQ bottle has been improvised!!

LPG for petrol engines has been around for a while. The same idea has been around for diesel engines as well, but the LPG supplements the diesel fuel rather than replace it - I think it was about 10% when I had a look a few years ago. The savings vs the cost of installation didn't stack up for me so I just stayed with diesel. I have had 2 vehicles that used LPG instead of petrol.

The same principles of storage exist - reinforced tank; breather that vents to the atmosphere; double solenoid valves to shut supply off -

I found on both cars that the lpg was a problem - it melted the valves on the Renault engine and it caused backfiring on the Jaguar...blowing the airflow meter apart each time. LPG as the article says burns at a hotter temperature and therein lies a potential problem. Of course the attraction of lpg is that you can buy it in bulk for heating houses etc at a fraction of the automotive gas cost. And its not coloured red like diesel!!!

For insurances purposes, most insurance companies want to see a Conformity Certificate that proves the lpg is installed to the regulations by an approved Installer. Prang the car without the certificate and the insurer may well refuse payout.

And the thought of a Rover racing along the local motorways??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

And the thought of a Rover racing along the local motorways??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol::lol::lol: a bit of competition for you, the guy is from Bothwell.

Quite an interesting read, however i started losing interest about the time it mentioned melting engines, and strapping an LPG bottle in the boot + some ominous looking switches on the dash.. :eek::eek:

That figures!!!

The place is full of nutters...and those who aren't are druggies!! Thats why I moved out :lol: :lol:

I can see where this is going.....

steam-propelled cars !!!! :lol:

Forgotten which shift he's on, but anchorman will be along to give the latest on the diesel-electric solutions!

Stena Ferries will be able to advise on fast-unloading of lorries on the Ireland-Scotland Ferry link using little power at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links