Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr Usb Scanning Issue

mhdt

I have an 8Gb USB memory stick with just under 900 mp3s currently on it. When i plug it in it takes upwards of 3-4 minutes, with the first few of these showing 5% scanned and 0 tracks found. In the instruction manual it says it can take "up to 15 seconds", so why does mine take so long?! My Yaris is a 58 plate but is only two weeks old, so it shouldn't be a driver update issue...

The only thing i can think that could cause this is that the files don't conform to the requirements listed in the instructions. So i renamed all the tracks to just their track numbers, ensuring they were all well under the 128 character limit and only used numbers so weren't using restricted characters. They are all Mpeg 1 or 2 (listed as compatible) and the sampling rates are all fine. The only irregularity were some of the bit rates, as some of the albums have track bit rates that hover around 220 (listed as compatible) such as 217 or 219. However probably about 40% of the tracks are like this, so it seems highly unlikely to me that this could cause such a problem.

Thanks

I have an 8Gb USB memory stick with just under 900 mp3s currently on it. When i plug it in it takes upwards of 3-4 minutes,

Takes about a minute and a half to scan the 10GB ish of music on my 30GB i-pod via the USB plug.

I have an 8Gb USB memory stick with just under 900 mp3s currently on it. When i plug it in it takes upwards of 3-4 minutes,

Takes about a minute and a half to scan the 10GB ish of music on my 30GB i-pod via the USB plug.

Oh, it might be the USB drive then...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links