Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Think The Pipes Are Froze!

JappyBeast

Well in my 30 years on this earth I cannot remember a time when this has happened before!

Went to get a glass of water and nothing!

They forcast this weather for the rest of the month.. sick of my T-Bar glass creaking as I go to work and nearly binned my MR2 on a duel carrigeway tonight when I hit an ice patch!

Well in my 30 years on this earth I cannot remember a time when this has happened before!

They forcast this weather for the rest of the month.. sick of my T-Bar glass creaking as I go to work and nearly binned my MR2 on a duel carrigeway tonight when I hit an ice patch!

That is impossible according to Al Gore. Don't you know we are experiencing global warming? :lol:

I couldn't even open the other half's MR2 yesterday day, it was frozen shut!!!!

It was reading -8.5 though lol

Come & live in Ireland :lol: We are relatively free of snow , here in the Dublin area :thumbsup: So far :unsure:

A word of caution !!

Be ready when the pipes defrost, you may experience a bust pipe. When the water freezes in a pipe it expands and it may 'crack' the pipe. When the water thaws it may start to leak through the crack and cause flooding !!!! :(

It's working again now but its very chilled!!!

Shower made a right funny sound when I turned it on this morning.

It's working again now but its very chilled!!!

Shower made a right funny sound when I turned it on this morning.

Jappy.... please get up in the loft and take a look to see if you have any exposed pipes, if so get them lagged as a matter of priority. When I was a fireman I was called out numerous times to homes that had suffered burst pipes during a freeze. You would be stunned as to the damage caused by water :(

When I was a fireman I was called out numerous times to homes that had suffered burst pipes during a freeze. You would be stunned as to the damage caused by water :(

Not wishing to sound too ignorant here, but why were the fire brigade called out to a burst pipe? I would have thought that a plumber would be a better bet !

Am I missing something?

When I was a fireman I was called out numerous times to homes that had suffered burst pipes during a freeze. You would be stunned as to the damage caused by water :(

Not wishing to sound too ignorant here, but why were the fire brigade called out to a burst pipe? I would have thought that a plumber would be a better bet !

Am I missing something?

It was a matter of a danger of fire given that water and electricity do not mix too well. Other than that it was a case that people simply wanted help from anyone and to have that help provided quickly. We were easy to call out and a free service :rolleyes:

Some of the homes I attended were totally destroyed and I mean everything was damaged from wallpaper peeling, ceilings falling and every stick of furniture soaked :(

Owned a care home back in the 90's. Hit by frozen pipes and every ceiling came down when the whole lot thawed as fast as it froze one night. We lost thousands over it as the insurance companies never cover the whole cost. Everything from carpets to suites; walls and ceilings; and of course the plumbing was ruined. They paid a % for the damage caused by the water but refused to pay a penny towards the replacement of the plumbing system!!!! The business never recovered.

Found out it was a burst pipe on the street!

Bonza but I still have dishes to wash!

That's what a dishwasher is for :rolleyes:

Found out it was a burst pipe on the street!

Bonza but I still have dishes to wash!

That's what a dishwasher is for :rolleyes:

Maybe his wife/girlfriend does not want to do them ;)

I have a dish washer!

Good man.... I always thought that washing up was a female task :rolleyes:

Right I'm off now to get my flame proof clothing and steel hat :lol:

Owned a care home back in the 90's. Hit by frozen pipes and every ceiling came down when the whole lot thawed as fast as it froze one night. We lost thousands over it as the insurance companies never cover the whole cost. Everything from carpets to suites; walls and ceilings; and of course the plumbing was ruined. They paid a % for the damage caused by the water but refused to pay a penny towards the replacement of the plumbing system!!!! The business never recovered.

Thats because Insurers wont pay for the cost of fixing the cause of the leak, that is excluded from policies of the Insurer that I work for.

Yes water does cause a hell of a lot of damage - it's shocking how much it does cause.

Don't dishwashers run on either 230V or 400 V ?????

Or chocolate flavoured Vodka ? :bash: (runs for cover :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links