Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Tyres?

Bluedave

Hi, I think i'm going to have to change the front tyres on my RAV4.2. Question is, which ones are the best? Obviously I don't want to go mad on the cost, just wondering which are best in terms of low road noise, grip etc. Don't do off road by the way.

Hi mate, General Grabbers seem to be very popular on here at the moment :thumbsup:

I need a full set for mine and am thinking of going for these after several threads on here about tyres. Cheapest I've found is on event-tyres at £341 for 4 fully fitted. Also look on blackcircles , mytyres , justtyres etc.

Hi mate, General Grabbers seem to be very popular on here at the moment :thumbsup:

YEP I second that... I just had 2 done... £136 at Bracknell Batteries and Tyres... will be visiting them next time to do the other 2 when they need it....

regards

Rob

B)

Is that the UHP tyre?

Yes I believe they are, Chatman, Hoovie, Nightstalker and a few others have them so I'm sure you will

get more opinions later.

it IS the UHP one I think.

I usually like to try different tyres when changing just for the hell of it, but after having the General Grabbers for the least few months, I will be sticking to them for the next change as they are the DBs and excellent value as well :thumbsup:

I need a full set for mine and am thinking of going for these after several threads on here about tyres. Cheapest I've found is on event-tyres at £341 for 4 fully fitted. Also look on blackcircles , mytyres , justtyres etc.

just found my invoice from 18/09/08 ...

Set of 4 General Grabber 235/60R16s:

Tyres were £61.17 each, Balancing was £5.50 each, Old Tyre Disposal was £1 each

Total cost for all 4 fully fitted was £318.04 inc VAT from ProTyre

I saved £9.45 by not buying valves (supplied own)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the types on my 4.3 changed. The original Yokohamas have done 50k - front down to 2/3mm, rear to 3/4mm so would probably have gone to 60k but I'd rather change early than push them to the legal limit.

Size availability (225/65-17) brought it down to a choice of Michelin or Yokohama. Dealer offered me four Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S. Seem to get a good write up regarding life and all-round performance so giving them a go. Did consider General Grabbers but couldn't find them in the right size.

Will report on wear in a couple of years :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links