Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1990 Hilux Alternator/vacuum Pump

FredBC

The alternator/vacuum pump unit in my 1990 Hilux Surf 2446 cc Diesel is hooped. The unit has to be replaced but I'm having some difficulty finding a replacement unit. The pump from my surf is located on the back of the alternator. I have found a couple of used units in Canada but they have the pump on the front and wont fit. The supplier in Japan has said that the alternator numbers don't match those for my vehicle. Numbers on the alternator are Denso 27040-54151 and below these are other numbers 100213-1180. The alternator also has a big 7 on it. I can find a 27040-54151 listing in China, but this hasn't helped accessing a part. Has anyone run into a similar problem or can anyone suggest an approach I might take to solving this? Fred

Have you looked for a part number here http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

Excellent site Andy. Thanks for the help. There are exploded views of both the alternator and vacuum pump for my vehicle. The numbers do not match the unit on (now off) my vehicle. Nor do they match numbers on the part I was given by a local outfit. I'll have to wait until I get into the shop on Monday, but I think the unit in my Hilux has been changed or, despite looking under a magnifier and having someone with better eyes check me, the tag has been misread on the alternator. At any rate, the diagrams resemble the unit on the machine, and it will probably be downhill from here. Fred

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links