Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part Exchange Price

miss_d_bus

I have been given a part ex price of £4850 from Toyota for my Aygo. I am shocked it is so low.

The low down:

Aygo + 3 doors MMT

air con

no other extras

07 reg and 2 years old in June.

8200 miles on the clock

regular servicing

no damage apart from two tiny marks in the front bumper were I drove into a van at very very low speed in the rain :(

no known faults

Do you think I would be able to get much more for it privately?

Thanks

rubbish price,

Dealers are always gonna offer you less as they need to make money on it.

Advertise it privately and im certain you'd get closer to £6k for it.

rubbish price,

Dealers are always gonna offer you less as they need to make money on it.

Advertise it privately and im certain you'd get closer to £6k for it.

Thats what my other half said and I didn't listen! :(

I am glad I asked this as I was going to blindly take that price as a given!

I am half way through the order for a Yaris but it won't be delivered until April.

I think I did sign a few forms but I wonder, do you know by any chance if it is possible to back out at this stage on the part ex?

It has only beem a few days.

Thanks

I don't think the part exchange price is that bad - I think 6k for a 2 year old car is unlikely. I mean, for that money you can have a brand new 106 or C1....

I was offered £5k for my less than 1 year old Aygo Platinum with A/C with about 6k on the clock.

x

Tricky one this.

I will add that the car was registered in June 2007 but it was not actually driven until the October so a lump of its life has been sitting about.

Whether thats a selling point, I don't know but its only been driven about for 16 month!

Parker's Guide says the following with the adjustments for options:

Original Price £8,562

Franchised Dealer £6,695

Independent Dealer £6,430

Private Good £6,065

Private Poor £4,700

Part Exchange £5,590

Well mine is a 3dr 07 black with AC, 50k on the clock with full history. I had it advertised for £5495 and i had loads of people after it.

I've since decided not to part with it, but small eco cars are selling very well right now so i'd recommend you hold out for the price.

As the dealer see's an opportunity to make money on the part ex you trade in. They wont give you the going rate as there is then no margin for them to turn a profit. So aim for at least £500 above what they have offered you.

And you should still have time to choose not to use your aygo as a px.

Well mine is a 3dr 07 black with AC, 50k on the clock with full history. I had it advertised for £5495 and i had loads of people after it.

I've since decided not to part with it, but small eco cars are selling very well right now so i'd recommend you hold out for the price.

As the dealer see's an opportunity to make money on the part ex you trade in. They wont give you the going rate as there is then no margin for them to turn a profit. So aim for at least £500 above what they have offered you.

And you should still have time to choose not to use your aygo as a px.

I might then try the local newspaper for £6250 and see if there is any interest and keep dropping the price down week by week until I get something!

Its a few weeks away until I will be handing the Aygo's key's over anyway :)

I am sure there must be a premium I can add on for the MMT, A/C and the low mileage ... I hope!

Also it isn't a leaky Aygo :P

I have been given a part ex price of £4850 from Toyota for my Aygo. I am shocked it is so low.

The low down:

Aygo + 3 doors MMT

air con

no other extras

07 reg and 2 years old in June.

8200 miles on the clock

regular servicing

no damage apart from two tiny marks in the front bumper were I drove into a van at very very low speed in the rain :(

no known faults

Do you think I would be able to get much more for it privately?

Thanks

add easyly 2k two that =]

The only downside with selling privately is it's more hassle, but you can get more money.

That said, don't forget you can haggle with the dealer over the part-ex price too!

They only wanted to give me £800 for my old Fiesta in partex, but I eventually forced them up to £1000 because we'd haggled down the price of the (used) Yaris, but it was still too high and I nearly walked away :P

The only downside with selling privately is it's more hassle, but you can get more money.

That said, don't forget you can haggle with the dealer over the part-ex price too!

They only wanted to give me £800 for my old Fiesta in partex, but I eventually forced them up to £1000 because we'd haggled down the price of the (used) Yaris, but it was still too high and I nearly walked away :P

Thats a thought! In fact, this has got me reconsidering the whole entire deal as it stands now! lol

I have been looking into this and I think there are cheaper places to buy brand new cars too.

http://www.dealdrivers.co.uk/html/new_yaris.html

I wonder if anyone has had any experience of this sort of buying?

I have worked this out and assuming I could get the Aygo sold for £6k, I would walk away with £1800 once the HP finance was cleared.

However, looking into it, I think it might even now be possible to get the Yaris 1.33 TR MMT for 10k rather than £11.25k I have been quoted.

Does this sound realistic?

And finally, according to my calculations, that would mean I would been to borrow approxiately £8.2k - is PCP the best way to go?

I'm on a HP deal right now and not wanting to go over the £225 a month I pay now yet of course do not want to pay back stupid interest amounts.

Actually if I was really sensible I would stick with the Aygo until bits drop off and made do with the size problem...

Selling privately with outstanding finance can be a problem - it will flag up on an HPI check. The car isn't yours to sell and won't be until the debt is paid off.

You are looking at the cost to change not what each vehicle is being bought and sold for. PCP will reduce your payments, but they are expensive and at the end of paying the cash out you own nothing.

We bought our Aygo through a broker and saved about 10%.

You've not stated what interest rate you consider stupid, but now is not a cheap time to be borrowing money.

Selling privately with outstanding finance can be a problem - it will flag up on an HPI check. The car isn't yours to sell and won't be until the debt is paid off.

You are looking at the cost to change not what each vehicle is being bought and sold for. PCP will reduce your payments, but they are expensive and at the end of paying the cash out you own nothing.

We bought our Aygo through a broker and saved about 10%.

You've not stated what interest rate you consider stupid, but now is not a cheap time to be borrowing money.

I did not realise that. I assumed that it worked in the same way as selling a house with a mortgage arrangement on it.

I am starting to think that changing the car is not such a good idea after all!!

It looks like I am going to be fleeced when the whole point of changing the car was to have lower monthly repayments and something bigger. I get the feeling I would just be delaying a big debt?

The APR I have been quoted from Toyota on the PCP is 5.9%

I am not entirely sure what it is for my Aygo but its much more than that.

You could just ask for a settlement fee for the current Aygo and see what loans are available right now you might be able to get a decent deal at a lower rate than your current payments by getting a new loan from a bank (if they still give them). Not sure what rates you'll get atm or what your current rate is but it might be worth looking.

The fact it was registered in June is all you need to know, the fact it wasnt driven until October has no effect on the price whatsoever, it means nothing to the person who is going to buy it off you

Sure you have a low mileage, but like any deal, you need to haggle. The British dont like haggling, but you will get a better price/discount/tank of fuel/accessories or whatever the deal lends itself to. However, some people on here think it is worth 2K above what you were offered, well I'm afraid to say, you will never sell it if thats what you think it is worth, the car cost under 8K when new, you probably got it cheaper if it was pre-reg'd. I don't think you will get over 5.5K in P/EX, but dont forget, the dealers starting point was £4850, so you are not a million miles away. Aygo is a popular car, but you have to remember if the dealer gives you 5.5K he wont be able to sell it OVER book price, which means about £800 to 1K profit, take out the prep/warranty/paintwork/commission/profit and VAT and he makes very little profit, so be realistic and reach a happy medium. You will get a bit more if you sell it privately, but remember you need to clear the finance before you can sell it, if you dont have the funds, it will be easier to P/EX it

Kingo :thumbsup:

From my experience the last car I sold took 2 months to sell. In that time I had to valet it, service it, pay for advertising, etc. The part ex price I declined was £1000 less than I thought it was worth. When I finally sold it, i'd paid out nearly £1000, plus all the hassle of tire kickers, stupid phone calls, etc. Price it up with Parkers, What Car, Glass guide, unless it's a massive amount under book price - part ex.

well when i wrote mine off it was the dec08 and it was a 55plate with 55000 on the clock. it was the top model at the time being the sport and i got offered 4800!! i didnt hesitate to agree with that price as i had seen aygos 2nd hand on auto trader for 3995 :( so i was well impressed with the price. altho insurance is a different story i still beleive ur being ripped off! maybe 5000 bare minimum i wud expect but if ur going thru a dealer dont expect too much more!! :(

The only thing that is important to me when changing car is "how much is it going to cost to change' and can I afford it.

Not bothered what the trade in value is, or the cost of the car I'm looking at, its the change value that you must keep an eye on.

As said above, dealers will always offer a lower trade in price, they are in business to make profit (like we all are !)

If your buying a new car from them, haggle, haggle, haggle. In this current climate there are plenty of other dealers who will do a deal.

And if your not happy with the price, walk away. No one wants to loose a deal....

marklemac: Not bothered what the trade in value is, or the cost of the car I'm looking at, its the change value that you must keep an eye on.

Very important point, too many people get hung on on the P/EX price offered. It is the DEAL being offered that is most important. Times are tough, but there is only so much profit in a deal that can be given away, as above, haggle, then haggle a bit more, and if you like the dealer and the buying process, then buy off him, dont go another 50 miles down the road to save £50 and find you have a bad experience and a dealer you dont like. Buying a car should be a pleasant experience with NO stress, the price to change must be what you are happy with

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for all the help.

I have decided to hold off on the buy in the end and make do a bit longer. I am wanting the new Yaris but obviously there's not going to be any second hand ones kicking around right now but chances are, within a year, there might be the odd few. I am hoping that after the initial interest in the new models, I might be able to find a pre-registered and save myself a bit. Also, it might be worth waiting and seeing what the reaction is to the car to see if there are any faults.

Although I do want that car, I think in some ways it does not make financial sense to change so soon after getting it.

I might be in a better position if I get together a good cash deposit so then I do not get fleeced on the interest rates. I have not seen anything particularly fantastic at the moment.

I just got £5750 for my 18 month old (sep 2007 57) 5dr + in Carbon Quartz, 10000 miles on clock

was offered between £5250 and £6000 depending on what I was trading in against.

FTR i got a very heavily discounted 8 month old Freelander 2 (already below book price) even before my decent trade in.

If you are only getting offered rubbish prices Move on to another dealer.

and NEVER go by anything parkers guide says, it is nonsense and noone yses it, the trade use the glass's guide

you can always get close to the glasses price,

you can get a free glass price quote via the vauxhall website !

Use it for a basis and your never far out, as the dealer will be working from the same guide (although his may be slighlty newer)

Tricky one this.

I will add that the car was registered in June 2007 but it was not actually driven until the October so a lump of its life has been sitting about.

Whether thats a selling point, I don't know but its only been driven about for 16 month!

Parker's Guide says the following with the adjustments for options:

Original Price £8,562

Franchised Dealer £6,695

Independent Dealer £6,430

Private Good £6,065

Private Poor £4,700

Part Exchange £5,590

The only thing that is important to me when changing car is "how much is it going to cost to change' and can I afford it.

Not bothered what the trade in value is, or the cost of the car I'm looking at, its the change value that you must keep an eye on.

As said above, dealers will always offer a lower trade in price, they are in business to make profit (like we all are !)

If your buying a new car from them, haggle, haggle, haggle. In this current climate there are plenty of other dealers who will do a deal.

And if your not happy with the price, walk away. No one wants to loose a deal....

Surely it is getting a good feal that is most important, not if you can afford it.

Dealers are experts at asking what you can afford and then stitching you up with a finance deal that sounds good at first!

we got offered 3k by a vw dealer last year.....05 car with 15k on the clock, satnav, aircon, metalic paint, no damage at all and full history.

we now drive

the aygo.....

Unfortunately Glass's is no good for my car as it is not listed!

Its a 3 door + with the MMT and A/C and that combination is not on the site. Glass's tell me via e-mail that "we do not have enough information to offer you a valuation at this time".

The nearest I can get to is this:

Toyota AYGO AYGO+

1.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback

5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2007 07

Mileage: 8,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £5370

Average condition: £4830

Below average condition: £4260

That doesn't really do the car justice if its not including the MMT and A/C which add £1000 to the original cost of the vehicle.

Grr!

MMT + AC will add £400-£500 max to those prices im afraid..., MMT may not be as desirable as manual.

Unfortunately Glass's is no good for my car as it is not listed!

Its a 3 door + with the MMT and A/C and that combination is not on the site. Glass's tell me via e-mail that "we do not have enough information to offer you a valuation at this time".

The nearest I can get to is this:

Toyota AYGO AYGO+

1.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback

5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2007 07

Mileage: 8,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £5370

Average condition: £4830

Below average condition: £4260

That doesn't really do the car justice if its not including the MMT and A/C which add £1000 to the original cost of the vehicle.

Grr!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links