Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With Apexi Still!

cmh shek

If you wouldn't mind mate.

It's about 2 half inches, but I'm more concerned about the distance between the MAF sensor and the cone. It seems that yours is longer than mine..

:shutit:

Ahem... anyway... will measure mine tonight! ;) :lol:

Oh..after reading it again I've just realised how wrong that sounds :lol:

I think i need to wash my mind out! :lol:

the distance shouldnt matter but a thought I just had,

you say the pipe is about the right diameter... the stock pipe has some weird fins in it to direct and control the air flow across the MAF sensor, does your kit have these? it could be that the air is not being read smoothly.

either way its absolutely got to be that pipe you are using. I dont think trying it on my car would prove anything im afraid :(

they both look really small compaired with the K&N, and my maf sensour is really close to the filter, and then i have a smooth inlet pipe, so surely, i should be having problems with mine???

the only downside with mine atm, is that she takes a wile longer to start but im guessing thats normal, its only if you start her after a run....

the distance shouldnt matter but a thought I just had,

you say the pipe is about the right diameter... the stock pipe has some weird fins in it to direct and control the air flow across the MAF sensor, does your kit have these? it could be that the air is not being read smoothly.

either way its absolutely got to be that pipe you are using. I dont think trying it on my car would prove anything im afraid :(

Weird fins? You mean like a mesh gate that the air has to flow through before the MAF sensor?

I did notice that actually, but didn't think either K&N or Apexi have this, and since nobody else has had any problems, I didn't think that this would be it.

Would like to try a different pipe, but since they have to be Corolla specific it'll be difficult finding one :(

I believe so... but it was dark when i got home! :lol:

I'll double check first thing in the morning ;)

I was referring to the white bit that you can see inside the air box in this picture:

Photo0017.jpg

It has a rounded flare on the outside and two 'fins' inside that run up and down in the same alignment as the MAF sensor.

I'm fitting my own induction kit later in the week (custom/DIY job) so ill see if I get any problems, I hope not as I intend on doing the bbmod!

Well if it is the pipe that's causing problems anyone got any suggestions to fix it?

It is a 90mm diameter pipe (3inch)

I was referring to the white bit that you can see inside the air box in this picture:

Photo0017.jpg

It has a rounded flare on the outside and two 'fins' inside that run up and down in the same alignment as the MAF sensor.

I'm fitting my own induction kit later in the week (custom/DIY job) so ill see if I get any problems, I hope not as I intend on doing the bbmod!

Not sure if they make a difference as mine doesn't have those either :huh:

I suppose the thing to do would be to see if my pipe caused any probs on your car Chris... my first free weekend tho isn't until the 14/15 March

maybe my car is just a freak example? it doesnt have the little pipe people talk about and it has a random white thing :D

Sorry i meant my A'PEXi doesn't have the white "fins" inside it! :lol:

The standard airbox did, but i'm confused as to why you don't have the vacuum pipe :huh:

17082008074.jpg

You can see the T piece here next to the poistive Battery terminal, the hose heading straight up and under the original pipework is the vacuum hose.

The other end is attached to the airbox so where it's disconnected at the T piece a bung was supplied with my kit.

My standard airbox doesn't have that white fin, instead it has a type of mesh gate but I'm assuming it does the same job.

Still, can't see this being a problem.

And it would be great to try your pipe Norfolk, but Leeds is a little too far for me to travel right now lol. Thanks anyway.

maybe my car is just a freak example? it doesnt have the little pipe people talk about and it has a random white thing :D

You think yours is a freak example? Mine has the freakiest problem ever! :lol:

i dont think i had anything in my air box, and its not like i can even check, cus im at uni, and my airbox is at home....

werid...

what shape is your sr???

Hi there guys - i've got a similar problem!!!

Fitted the K and N 69 to my 1.6 E12 and didn't appear to have any problems.

Then had an accident on the F/O/S so put standard air box back in but not the pipe that came from under the bumper - when car came back it was revving when idle at 1600rpm!!! When it went in for repair was at 800rpm!!! EML came on saying it was idle valve controller so Mr T. replaced that for £290!!!! Reduces idle to about 600rpm

Less than 50 miles later the EML comes on again saying a different fault has occured Mr T diagnoses that it requires part number T22204-22010 which i believe is the MAF sensor (air flow meter????). Ordered a new one and waiting for it to get fitted. Then putting K and N back in.

Does this appear right?? Or is the car still thinking the induction kit is on as the standard piping is missing???

Also how do you reset the EML once ive changed the part??

Thanks in advance

You did reset the ecu after you put the apexi on?

Don't recall any instructions recommending to reset the ECU...

However you have to remove the Battery to get the old airbox out anyway! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links