Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lc5 3.0 D4d Fuel Consumption

Nightstalker

Hy Fellow Toyota drivers... :lol:

I know this has been asked before, however no one (well from what I have found so far) really answered the question asked.. :unsure:

So here goes it... :)

Taking into consideration driving at normal motorway speeds what milage could I expect out of a 3 ltr d4d tank, the same question but this time for normal town driving....

I've got a petrol 4.3 Rav at present but will be looking to upgrade to a LC4 or LC5 3ltr diesel in the future... well depending on how bad the consumption figures are.... ;)

Also just to push it a bit more... what are the service costs (at Mr T) and I presume the intervals are every 10k...

Regards

Rob

B)

I can only answer your questions simply....

Motorway mpg can be a decent 35 :)

Urban mpg is a reasonable 19-23 (heavy car with auto box) But mine is a chipped 'Invincible' so it may make a difference :unsure:

Even now I have no idea what mileage the service intervals are as I do low mileage (annual 4000) so my car is serviced on a time basis, every 12 months.

As for servicing costs.... I can only compare Toyota with Nissan and they are both very similar.... flippin' expensive in my opinion :blink: But then again if we want the warranty to remain we have to pay the price :wacko:

I can only answer your questions simply....

Motorway mpg can be a decent 35 :)

Urban mpg is a reasonable 19-23 (heavy car with auto box) But mine is a chipped 'Invincible' so it may make a difference :unsure:

Even now I have no idea what mileage the service intervals are as I do low mileage (annual 4000) so my car is serviced on a time basis, every 12 months.

As for servicing costs.... I can only compare Toyota with Nissan and they are both very similar.... flippin' expensive in my opinion :blink: But then again if we want the warranty to remain we have to pay the price :wacko:

Cheers for that, however it still does'nt really answer my question of what milage you get out of a full tank on the motorway and milage for driving around town...

I get approx 300 miles out of my tank when I drive up noorth and around 270ish when I drive around town out of me Rav. In regards to servicing... I find my local Mr T quite cheap to be honest... unless the service cost is extremely more for a LC than a Rav 4....

Regards

Rob

B)

I feel it is impossible to compare the LC to a RAV in the miles per tank stakes. I am unsure what the LC tank holds but it can cost me around £85 to fill from almost empty so maybe it is a 90 litre tank :eek:

well I can get 500 miles from a tankful - approx 90 litres I think

since new (5500 miles and 5 months) I'm averaging 27.6 mpg with a high of 35mpg on one tank and a low of 21.2 on another (this included a lot of towing a 1800kg caravan)

I'm currently buying Shell v power (on my 3rd tank and am getting approx 1mpg improvement - which just about covers the extra cost of it...)

the 35mpg was on long motorway speed drives on cruise at 65/70 the low was towing 200 miles on A roads and motorway at 60mph and "normal" is a mix of mostly 25 mile max trips including traffic/town/a roads.

Great car :)

Hy Fellow Toyota drivers... :lol:

Hi. the most i've got from a tankful was 486 miles on a journey from somerset to skegness

& back. shoping & school run gets 320ish but it is a 90 ltr. tank.

10,000 service cost me £128.00 at good independant garage, waranty o.k. if they fit genuine parts

and carry out service to toyota schedule (57 lc4 d4d auto)

:eek: You defecting Rob ?????

I've always had me eyes on a LC... however I dont think I can get it passed me other half... not just yet anyway.

The motorway milage looks quite good, however I think the pottering around town milage lets it down... at the moment I only have to fill me rav up twice a month and thats at 80 odd quid and getting around the 270 miles out the tank... now if the LC only managed around the 320 miles out of a tank for pottering round town and a tank costing around the 80 squid mark... Im not sure if she would go for it at all.... :unsure:

However if she wants another littlen then the LC would be a better deal as space is great on a LC... so lets see what happens in the next few years....

Anywho, thanks for your replies.

Regards

Rob

B)

Hmmm, I do mostly town driving and average 400 miles from a 89 litre tank (with about 10 litres remaining before dead empty). I always thought the 400 miles form a tank is bad?

On a recent trip to Somerset at quite granddad speeds (60mph) on the motorways, I averaged 26mpg.

Hello all,

Just filled my two week old LC Invincible to the brim last night with 78litres and got 498 miles. That equates to 29mpg. :D Not bad in my opinion. Thats from mixed town,commuting travelling at 70mph.

The book says it holds 87litres/19gallons so should get in theory 560miles to the last drop.

Why the hell has it not got a trip computer. My wifes 1.6 corola has one for gods sake :angry:

jed

I am happy with the fuel consumption of my vehicle.

I used to have a Nissan Terrano D, I always thought this was economical, but I have been more than satisfied with the consumption of my Land Cruiser.......I am probably getting an average of 28 mpg.

I suppose I try and look at it this way....it's a big vehicle, I do not expect fuel consumption like my wifes Yaris. Plus I am not clogging it everywhere. :D

500 miles on a run is easy.

They are 87 liter tanks.

19 gallon.

Even at a modest 30 mpg, which I think we all get on a run will give 570 miles to a tank.

So say we get 33, thats an easy 600.

When I drove to Oslo, via newcastle ferry, I got to Oslo with 530 miles on the odometer

Still had quarter tank.

'vette

• 1 month later...

I get 400 miles from a tank of fuel with mixed driving and 400miles for a full tank on a run doing 100mph most of the way and 500 if im doing between 70-80mph

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links