Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Won't Start

Raeman

mechanic says computer box doesn't read the key I must buy another 3 chips which are not read as well i'm frustrated at the moment another thing mobilezer light its on and off 

• 2 years later...
On 2/27/2009 at 5:57 PM, Raeman said:

Hi all, typical eh? Been out all afternoon washing & polishing the car and went out before and now it won't start :rolleyes:

All ignition lights are on and everything is working but when the engine is spinning over, there's a loudish whirring noise, like it's the starter motor or something not catching on. :ffs:

Incidentally, about this time last year it did the same thing, i changed the sparks and it seemed ok. But since then it has done less than 10k so the plugs should be ok yet i'm thinking. :unsure:

Anyone any ideas as (typically) i need to use it tommorow so any help will be great.

Cheers. 😉

Was the radio on interior light on check Battery voltage if you have a voltmeter if it drops to 11.7 it defenitally wont start.

charge it up with a Battery charger some tell you the amps going through and other tell you when you are at verious charge positions when it at 80% its ok to go.

@Derek.wYou obviously haven’t spotted that you are replying to a 13 year old post !!

yes I spotted that after sending my reply sorry.

• 10 months later...

Lock the car to reset the cars computer. Open the car and the key will then start the car. It happened twice to me yesterday, 9 June 2023, which was a very hot day.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links