Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Fuel Injectors

arflene

My Avensis is 3yrs and 6months old with less than 48,000 miles on the clock and full dealer service history, and have just been told that I need the fuel injectors replacing !!! WHY?

Its quite a common thing on modern Diesels for the injectors to fail, put simply they run under huge pressure to turn the dirty diesel into smoke free running. As with anything under stress they can and will eventually fail.

This isn't limited to Toyota every other manafacturer has the same isue with common rail Diesels and sadly having a full history would make much difference.

On a happier note welcome to the club :)

In my opinion I would not use a main dealer to have the injectors replaced.Do a search for diesel repairers in yellow pages or Google etc that are close to you and get a price to check and advise if needed to replace.You should be able to get the injectors repaired far cheaper than buying new items.

Phil

I would also add a note of caution if you choose not to use a main dealer to change the injectors.

A lot of garages tend to use pattern parts , or reconditioned, in order to keep the costs down, and my experience is that pattern or reconditioned parts, can, and do start to knock after fitting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links