Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Petrol Engine Making Noise Like Diesel Engine

QIB

I have just bought a Toyota Avensis 1.8 petrol (07) which has only done 13500 miles on the clock. The engine is making noise like a diesel engine. the noise becomes clearer when the engine gets hot. I have changed the sparks plugs but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what is wrong with it please.

I have just bought a Toyota Avensis 1.8 petrol (07) which has only done 13500 miles on the clock. The engine is making noise like a diesel engine. the noise becomes clearer when the engine gets hot. I have changed the sparks plugs but the problem is still there. Does anyone know what is wrong with it please.

hello

i have not faced with such problem during 6 years.

may be your exhaust system got blowed?

are you sure your statements are correct?

cheers/Igor

An "07" car should still be under warranty.............(3 years)

You could ask your Toyota dealer to take a look

I also have an 07plate 1.8L Avensis, 15K on the clock when I bought it (ex-Toyota car from a dealer), now done 21K, engine has always sounded fine.

Surprised you bought it if it's as bad as you say, but as Red Yaris 54 suggested take it to a Toyota dealer pronto, because something sure ain't right with it.

Since it's a 1.8 VVTi, have you checked that there is any oil left?

Since it's a 1.8 VVTi, have you checked that there is any oil left?

Well spotted James. A distinct possibility with a VVTi engine but at 13500 miles wouldn't be a very good advert for Mr T. Warranty should cover whatever the problem is. I don't see what good changing the spark plugs would do with the symptoms described, I think that was a shot in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your suggestions. Oil is fine. I think that I will have to take it to the toyota to get it sorted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links