Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Guy Considering A Granvia.

Mustangman

Hello folks.

I'm a new guy on here and this is my first post so please treat me gentle :D .

I currently have a really low mileage Camry that I will be posting in the For sale section soon. I am selling due to the need of a much bigger car because of a growing family. My next Toyota will hopefully be a Granvia, have any of you guys got any experiences with a Granvia that you could share with me?.

Do you know of any weaknesses or problems associated with the 3litre diesels that are found in the Granvias?.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

Cheers, Alan.

P.S. here is my Camry on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/952270.htm

Hi,

I have sold 200+ Granvia and Regius in the last 5 years and they fantastic, also consider the 2.7 petrol as they are just as good as a diesel, try the following clubs www.toyota-granvia.co.uk and www.hiaceregius.co.uk.

Not much to go wrong, if you buy a recent import just make sure it has the Jap auction sheet, service books and service stickers and don't be fooled with very low mileage stuff without back up/service history. Mileage wise our 2.7 petrol demo van has done 147,000 miles and is as smooth as a new car and in 2 years has never had a problem.

Go for a Q spec which has all the extras like rear captains seats or later Cruising Selection which has twin swivel (driver and passenger) seats.

Good luck,

David.

Hi,

I have sold 200+ Granvia and Regius in the last 5 years and they fantastic, also consider the 2.7 petrol as they are just as good as a diesel, try the following clubs www.toyota-granvia.co.uk and www.hiaceregius.co.uk.

Not much to go wrong, if you buy a recent import just make sure it has the Jap auction sheet, service books and service stickers and don't be fooled with very low mileage stuff without back up/service history. Mileage wise our 2.7 petrol demo van has done 147,000 miles and is as smooth as a new car and in 2 years has never had a problem.

Go for a Q spec which has all the extras like rear captains seats or later Cruising Selection which has twin swivel (driver and passenger) seats.

Good luck,

David.

Thanks for the info David, are you a trader for Granvias then?. If so, do you have any for sale at the moment as I am looking to buy one soon.

Cheers, Alan.

Granvia's use the same diesel engine found in the landcruiser. It is bullet proof UNLIKE the engine found in the Estima's. Only problems you will have with an import is getting spares, technical documentation and insurance,

I went from a Estima (R reg) to a (S Reg) Granvia 4WD Crusing Selection 8 seater with swivel front seats. Boy what a world of difference, The Estima was quiet but the Granvia was much much quieter and it pulls a lot better.

As to room the Granvia wins hands down. Much more spaceious than the estima.

Fuel wise both being autos, there ain't much difference but the Granvia IS Heavier by far and running around in town will drink a bit more than the Estima but when I use it on the motorway I found out that the Granvia was better on fuel than the Estima was. But mine is the 4WD version so I should think the 2WD should be better on fuel.

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links