Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling Dashboard Update

auris101

hey guys,

just thought people might want to know about the rattling dashboard. After 6 months of non stop rattling it is finally fixed.

the garage removed the dashboard and side panelling and found that the sidepaneling had not been fitted properly. This meant there was a slight gap between the fitting and rest of the car. this was part of the problem. the next bit was the dash was lose and had really small gaps between the dash and the rest of the car. this was causing a lot of the rattling.. they have filled these areas in with a foam like substance to buffer it.

finally, after removing the dash, some of the wiring was lose and was hitting against the rest of things.

this was adjusted and.......NO MORE RATTLING!!!!

for now ;)

Good stuff mate, glad to hear its fixed. Ive come from French cars so I'm not so fussedm, sort of comforting!! ;)

Glad its all sorted

I had a rattle or creak when going over some rough surfaces and it was a bit annoying. When i had the car from new it was silent but since having the screen replaced somehow they caused it to start rattling.

I took a look and realised there was a slight gap where the dash meets the side panelling. So i went searching in the garage, found some spare pipe insulation foam, cut a small ring off the end, cut that and half and slotted it in the gap.

No more rattling :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links