Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shell V Power Deisel Vs Normal Diesel

Jamy197g

Ive been using Shell v power for the last 4 weeks but i dont seem to notice any difference... ( apart from 5p a litre more lighter in my pocket)

Besides performance, is there any other reason why someone should use this diesel rather than the normal diesel?? is it more cleaner, etc??

Ive been using Shell v power for the last 4 weeks but i dont seem to notice any difference... ( apart from 5p a litre more lighter in my pocket)

Besides performance, is there any other reason why someone should use this diesel rather than the normal diesel?? is it more cleaner, etc??

hello

the response might be very simple.

look at the below as the main particulars of diesel, as follows:

spesific gravity--0.81

density ----------0.8184

flash point ----- 60 C-- 62 C

pour point ----- minus 9 C

total sulphur --- 0.060 %

heat of combustion ----10982 kcal/kg

carbon residue ---- 0.040 %

cetane index ------ 39

in case you can obtain both disels certificates -- you can compare the figures.

OK -- cetan index is like octane index; the more the better;

your engine power is subject to (flash point; total sulphur; heat of combustion; cetane index)

when disel is burnt inside the cylinders -- the more heat of combustion the more power is criated.

the above is explanations as to thermodinamics laws.

cheers/Igor

Been using it myself and have found there is a very slight power increase and engine seems a little quieter. I was using supermarket fuel before so that may have something to do with it!

You should see an increase in mpg (should!). Whether or not this increase is sufficient to justify the extra price depends on what you experience in extra mpg. Personally when I have used these premium fuels, the extra mpg is only equivalent to the extra price, so no real gain.

all i know is my dad wont put any other petrol in his impreza than Shell..( the performance one)

even if it does mean driving 9 mile to put 30 quid in ! :lol:

x

all i know is my dad wont put any other petrol in his impreza than shell..( the performance one)

even if it does mean driving 9 mile to put 30 quid in ! :lol:

x

Isn't it daft when people do that.... spend all the so called benefits in shopping around :rolleyes:

When I had my 350Z I always bought Tesco 99RON Super Unleaded, the filling station is just along the road from me so there was the benefit there apart from it being a good petrol which certainly gave better performance .... I would NEVER pay extra for the big company premium fuels :angry:

My current car has always had Tesco diesel in it and I regard it as a decent fuel :yes:

hello

spesific gravity--0.81

density ----------0.8184

cetane index ------ 39

your engine power is subject to (flash point; total sulphur; heat of combustion; cetane index)

when disel is burnt inside the cylinders -- the more heat of combustion the more power is criated.

cheers/Igor

Good point Igor,

Ive tried looking for the diesel certificates, no luck yet, but will keep trying....Although i have read somewhere that the v-power does produce less soot..so is cleaner burning...but for 5p extra alitre, is it worth it, could just get some injector cleaner and use the normal diesel..?? :-)

hello

spesific gravity--0.81

density ----------0.8184

cetane index ------ 39

cheers/Igor

Good point Igor,

Ive tried looking for the diesel certificates, no luck yet, but will keep trying....Although i have read somewhere that the v-power does produce less soot..so is cleaner burning...but for 5p extra alitre, is it worth it, could just get some injector cleaner and use the normal diesel..?? :-)

hello

i ve been using some injector cleaners butu no good result has been obtained.

OK - look - in order to have good cleaning result this cleaner must be pre-mixed with diesel in special tank when diesel has +50 C temperature. THis temp allows to have moleculas adhered (cleaner + diesel) to reach homogeneity of this mixture. In cacse you only pour this cleaner into the tank -- belive me -- it is money for nothing. As to the certificates -- I do not know any operators of filling stations that give this certificate out to the client -- you can only use your private contacts (i deem) -- but it is normal to have it. WHen compared you will find all answers you need.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links