Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

60k Service Due - Some Q's

osmononame

Hi, I have a 02 Celica 190 that's due for it's 60k service. I've been quoted £273.02 for this service as I was told that the spark plugs and brake fluid needed changing. I know I can supply my own engine oil if need be but has anyone had any luck managing to supply everything for the service i.e. spark plugs, filters, oil, brake fluid? I may be taking it a bit too far but would like to save as much as possible while still keeping the service history within the Toyota network. Are there any downsides to this approach? In the past I've taken the turn up and pay for the service approach these days I'm trying to save where I can. Also, if I still had my handbook I would check in there but that was lost a long time ago - what oil is recommended? On my previous service sheets it states that 10W-40 was used whereas on the Castrol and Opie Oil checkers it says I should be using 5W-30.

thanks,

I was told that the spark plugs and brake fluid needed changing.

dont pay to get that done. spark plugs will take you 5 minutes to do. As for break fluid let a shop do it they will know whats best.

10w40 will be better for your car, the only reason i can see you switching to 5w30 is if you have been getting poor gas mileage.

I disagree with our Canadian friend, use a 5W40 fully synthetic in your 190 (even though it will cost around £30 for 5 Litres)

hi

i work for struans toyota in perth. When we service a celica 190 at 60k we change the plugs, oil, filters, brake fluid. we also strip n clean all the brakes as they are bad for seizing up.

if you are trying to save oney from the dealerships, i would be able to do a 60k service to it for less than half the price. I have worked for toyota for the last 6 years and know alot about them so if your interested please give me a call on 07599816660. I also stay in perth so thats not to far away.

thanks

stevie

I disagree with our Canadian friend, use a 5W40 fully synthetic in your 190 (even though it will cost around £30 for 5 Litres)

why the 5w instead? just curious.

Should i maybe think about switching mine aswell?

If your Car has a Turbo fitted, I'd definitely recommend 5W40.

The recommended viscosity for a Gen 7 is 5W30 S/S, but on the high revving VVTL-i Engine it's worth spending a little more once a year to have a slightly thicker Oil at running temperature with all the additives a F/S offers.

HTH :)

• 4 months later...
Hi, I have a 02 Celica 190 that's due for it's 60k service. I've been quoted £273.02 for this service as I was told that the spark plugs and brake fluid needed changing. I know I can supply my own engine oil if need be but has anyone had any luck managing to supply everything for the service i.e. spark plugs, filters, oil, brake fluid? I may be taking it a bit too far but would like to save as much as possible while still keeping the service history within the Toyota network. Are there any downsides to this approach? In the past I've taken the turn up and pay for the service approach these days I'm trying to save where I can. Also, if I still had my handbook I would check in there but that was lost a long time ago - what oil is recommended? On my previous service sheets it states that 10W-40 was used whereas on the Castrol and Opie Oil checkers it says I should be using 5W-30.

thanks,

The recommended oil for Celica generation 7 is 5/30 viscosity so i suggest you stick with it and change your old 10/40 oil... if you want to save a penny try to get it in cosco, there is a Castrol 5/30 there for only 20£ per gallon... you can buy 2 so that you have extra for topping up your engine oil incase it gets below the level... Changing spark plugs is a easy diy as long as you have the right tools... and changing oil as well is easy as long as youhave a good space and a crodile jack...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links