Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please!

cmh shek

Hi guys,

Been wanting to do this for a while now, and with my insurance up for renewal soon I'm going to try make it happen ;)

But before I do anything, you guys have any advice for me when looking for a used TS?

What kind of price should I be looking at for a facelift?

I was looking at this one:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...mp;id=used_cars

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

That link doesn't work. It just takes you to the main search page for used cars.....

As for things to look out for, I'd say the brakes and the clutch are both sub standard on the CTS, so pay them close attention. Also itseems like a lot of the 3 Door CTS' suffer from problems with the seats not folding and sliding properly to allow passengers into the back of the car, so make sure the seats work properly as well.

EDIT: Just seen a red compressor going for £9k at RMB Teeside if you're interested :D

Thanks mate, I'll be sure to check them out when looking.

And I would love a compressor, seems like there's some bargains these days! But it's going to be enough of a struggle getting insured on a TS, so I don't think a Compressor will be possible ;)

The TS I've been looking at is a 55reg facelift, £7000 with 38k miles. This sound reasonable?

Although it is quite far away..I can't seem to find any nearby! :(

Don't forget to keep your A'PEXi ;) :lol:

That price seems reasonable compared to similar one's on Autotrader

The TS I've been looking at is a 55reg facelift, £7000 with 38k miles. This sound reasonable?

A bit of lateral thinking later, and I found the car you are talking about on eBay :D

ebay Item # 370164789152 if the link doesn't work.

There's also a 54 reg FL on there for £6.5k but that's really far from you (just around the corner from me though!)

Hmmmmmm a tad overpriced me thinks. I bought my f/l tsport june'08 for £7495 with 22,000 miles on the clock with one owner. Had a small dent in wing and rear bumper scraped a little!!

Thats the one mate! :thumbsup:

And I'll definitely be removing all my parts before swapping :P

Anything else I should check for when test driving?

Chris

The obvious.... make sure Lift works!! :lol:

Let her warm up first though or you will get the limiter in the 6's

bought my black 54 plate facelift t-sport on 29k miles for £5999 with one years extended warranty thrown in.

good deal that farhanali, i got my 04 facelift with 16k , 18 months ago for 8k, just shows how much they have droped in price.

EDIT: Just seen a red compressor going for £9k at RMB Teeside if you're interested - may have to go have a look at this , maybe testdrive and see how much i will have to put towards with a part ex from mine

oh anyone think i could keep up with a s2000 in a compressor ?

back on topic , top of centre console sometimes comes away from the surround above the radio , so if they is a gap its fairly common

That one in Warrington is about a 10 minute drive from me.. want me go test drive it for you and tell you if it works? :lol:

I paid £9995 for mine, 05 plate with 19k on the clock.

That was 2 years ago.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links