Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Aproblem With Braking

crinks85

hi all

need advice, as pod is sunday it dont leave long to have this checked out

first thing,just got two tyres on the rear last night, changed profile from 55 to 50 so wouldnt think it would make a differance to suspension rebound, but my car seems to have created a slight recoil in the suspension once i have straightend up out of a corner, feels a bit boat like, i did have a sqweek from drivers side wheel which i was guessing was the shocker, this noise has stoped so does this mean it could be brocken? also some times when only going 30mph or so if i start to brake the anti lock system kicks in a bit and sometimes the stability control makes the beeping sound i.e if i was going side ways i would expect it but not going at such slow speeds, is this a quick trip to toyota on sat for a code reader?

i have no confidense in driving the car with a bit of speed in and out of corners,

or is it me some how creating the problems my self with the way i am driving as it has new tyres on, i am going to take all wheels off check for crap in the brakes, leaking shockers etc now but thats as far as i can go my self i am open to all ideas or solutions

cheers

bit of i read, sorry.

New tyres do take a while to "scrub in, 50 to 100 miles or so depending on road conditions/temps but shouldnt make the

cars handling go off that much.

Check the tyre pressures from cold to eliminate over/under inflation.

If you have only changed the rear tyres to a 50 profile and the fronts are still a 55 profile, then the 60mm reduction in the

circumference of the rear tyres could have an effect on the ABS/traction control systems.

Might be worth a Battery disconnect/ecu reset to settle things down.

Any handling/brake problems before you had the tyres changed ??

Mick

changed front tyres to 50 profile couple of months ago, never had probs with the brakes before. i wasnt sure if the warn roads e.g exess tar on corners was making the rear tyres move slightly, seens they have only done bout 40miles, they seem a hard compound tyre compared to the front tyres. front are federal and rear are marshall.

think i better join the rac to be on the safe side, driving to pod so dont want to risk being 200miles stuck away from home !

how long does the Battery need to be disconected to reset the ecu properly, what does this do to this process actually do ?

i have found out my rear discs are goosed so that could be explain some of the problems, more money to spend again !

i have found out my rear discs are goosed so that could be explain some of the problems, more money to spend again !

Just think, you will be helping to kick start the economy ..... Thank you ... :D ;)

wish it wasnt me who had to start it tho !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links