Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Calc. With Chip

OldSkoO1

Can someone help me understand how MPG is calculated with a chip?

If the injectors are being fooled into injecting more fuel than the ECU is controlling then surely the MPG calculator still thinks it has only injected what the ECU is controlling not what the chip has overridden.

On that basis the MPG would be wrong? Because the ECU which is presumably controlling the MPG calc, thinks its injected a certain amount but in reality the chip overrides this and injects more.

OR, is MPG calc. worked out independantly of injection amount?

Is it still accurate is the big question I guess. Beretta would probably be able to shed some light on it. I know VAGs mpg comps get knocked out by it.

A manual calc would do it but we need someone with a chip to do a test.

Reset the trip comp. and fill up to the brim and then fill up again read the till receipt etc...

I once chipped a diesel A class after about a year of ownership and had loads of problems before and after chipping, I admit I later found out the problems I had was very common but it does make you wonder if this is made worse by pushing the engine more. Its all here http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm but I doubt I will ever chip a car again, If you want a fast car then just buy one to start with I think is the best advise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links