Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Corolla 1.6 Vvti Auto

Mugzy

Hi i am new to the Toyota forum as i just have brought the wife a Toyota Corolla 2002 1.6 vvti AUTO T3; so before i ask any questions HI to you all.

Ok so the car itself i like, the drive is better than i expected and it's perfect for my wife's needs. The head unit has a SAT NAV button on; does this head unit have SAT NAV? If so how do i access the software?

I was told that the block and top end engine are both made of aluminum is this true?

How often would any recommend to change the oil?

Has any one had any problems with the AUTO gear box; if so what kind of problems have you experienced?

Can any one out there tell me what to look out for, the car itself has done 74k with full verified Toyota Service History; Thanks

Being a LEXUS GS300 driver really there's nothing that compares but truly i am well impressed with the drive out of this Toyota Corolla we just purchased. It's a point and shoot motor it goes where you tell it to go very responsive steering, acceleration and braking.

Good buy i think at £2900.

Hi i am new to the Toyota forum as i just have brought the wife a Toyota Corolla 2002 1.6 vvti AUTO T3; so before i ask any questions HI to you all.

Ok so the car itself i like, the drive is better than i expected and it's perfect for my wife's needs. The head unit has a SAT NAV button on; does this head unit have SAT NAV? If so how do i access the software?

Hi Mugzy, and welcome to the forum!

Even though the stereo has a Sat Nav button, you need to have a separat sat nav unit to be able to use this feature. There are plenty for sale at eBay, like this

However, you are better off getting a standalone Sat Nav unit, mostly because the maps will be much better and more updated, and upgrading the maps will be cheaper. If you want an intergrated sat nav, then getting a new after market head unit will be quite easy, but you will loose the fuel consumption information (which is inaccurate anyway) that you find on the original head unit. If you chose brands like Pioneer or Kenwood, you'll be able to use your steering wheel controls if you have one. Just need an extra converter.

I was told that the block and top end engine are both made of aluminum is this true?

How often would any recommend to change the oil?

Has any one had any problems with the AUTO gear box; if so what kind of problems have you experienced?

Can any one out there tell me what to look out for, the car itself has done 74k with full verified Toyota Service History; Thanks

Being a LEXUS GS300 driver really there's nothing that compares but truly i am well impressed with the drive out of this Toyota Corolla we just purchased. It's a point and shoot motor it goes where you tell it to go very responsive steering, acceleration and braking.

Good buy i think at £2900.

This would be more relevant if you post it into the Corolla Club section of the forum. I have more knowledge of the electrical part of the corolla :)

Anyway, I do have the 2004 Corolla with automatic transmission and the full screen sat nav (TNS600), and the only problem I've had is the engine control unit. It shows an error which is no actual error. It says that the catalytic converter is not as effective as it should be, but there's nothing wrong with it... I need to replace the ECU to fix this, and it's quite costly... I hope you won't encounter this problem ;)

I think the Corolla is a nice and comfortable drive, but the acceleration could be better. However, I'm used to manual transmission, so it might be that it's my head that is the problem :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links