Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4 Vvt-i

jayt13

Hi there

i just recently bought a toyota corolla 1.4 vvt-i and wanted to know when the vvt-i kicks in, i was told the vvt-i is like a honda's vtec engine. also how u can u stop the 1.4 frm stalling at bitting point as it keep apart frm keeping ure foot on the gas?

thanks

jay

Stalling at biting point? Shouldn't really do that... Check your air flow sensors as they could be dirty and giving the car faulty readings.

VVT-i Kicks in at 4000RPM, it is a very similar engine build to Honda's Vtec, yep!

kewl thanks mate.

well the car idles at under 1000rpm n it when u try 2 move off jus wit clutch 70% of the time ure gonna stall, so i have 2 keep ma foot on the gas pedal just really wanted to know whether this is a normal thing?

also in what gear do i need to be for it to kick in? gear 1?

yeah its normal for a petrol engine. driving with the clutch below 1k rpm i would have thought it would be bad for the car. i know in my 1.0 yaris i can drive with the clutch in when the engine is cold and it idles above 1000rpm. but i only do it for reversing out of the driveway

you wont feel the effect of vvti on a 1.4, just the fuel consumption.

if it stalls you are too abrubt on the clutch, so practice with no gas.

the vvti is very different technology to vtec as it is only the ignition timing not the cam which changes.

you wont feel the effect of vvti on a 1.4, just the fuel consumption.

if it stalls you are too abrubt on the clutch, so practice with no gas.

the vvti is very different technology to vtec as it is only the ignition timing not the cam which changes.

so what does that do in performance? nothing?

yeah its normal for a petrol engine. driving with the clutch below 1k rpm i would have thought it would be bad for the car. i know in my 1.0 yaris i can drive with the clutch in when the engine is cold and it idles above 1000rpm. but i only do it for reversing out of the driveway

well i used to drive 1.2 corsa and that used to idle under 2000 rpm, thats why i am kinda surprised that a 1.4 is idling under 1000rpm

2000 rpm ?

Every car ive ever had idled once warm around 700 - 800 rpm.

2k is wayyyyyy toooo high ......and wrong ...

As far as I'm aware all cars should idle around the 800-900 mark when warmed up.

2k idle is waaaay off the mark!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links