Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photos

EchoRange

We all love our cars here don't we? There are so many good photos of "Before and Afters", the shameless self-indulgent photos of your car with a cool backdrop and the super helpful "How To" threads are a god send for DIY mechanics like myself.

However, I'm a budding photographer and there's one type of shot I can't get round to doing - The fabled "taking a photo while hanging out of the passenger window or boot of another car"

The best way I can think of doing this is the equally brilliant Photo Drive. 2 cars, 2 drivers and 1 photographer and the best way to kill off a few hours (weather depending) because that way, you can find a good backdrop and get some good moving shots on the way.

I am also looking into getting a bullet camera (www.dogcamsport.com if you're interested yourself) which would stick to various places on the car with the suction pads or clamps.

Any ideas or thoughts? (Any shots would be appreciated also so I have a rough of idea of what to aim for)

We all love our cars here don't we? There are so many good photos of "Before and Afters", the shameless self-indulgent photos of your car with a cool backdrop and the super helpful "How To" threads are a god send for DIY mechanics like myself.

However, I'm a budding photographer and there's one type of shot I can't get round to doing - The fabled "taking a photo while hanging out of the passenger window or boot of another car"

The best way I can think of doing this is the equally brilliant Photo Drive. 2 cars, 2 drivers and 1 photographer and the best way to kill off a few hours (weather depending) because that way, you can find a good backdrop and get some good moving shots on the way.

I am also looking into getting a bullet camera (www.dogcamsport.com if you're interested yourself) which would stick to various places on the car with the suction pads or clamps.

Any ideas or thoughts? (Any shots would be appreciated also so I have a rough of idea of what to aim for)

Les aka Giddlepin is a budding photographer, give him a shout!

top Gear do alot of this type of filming haha, they usually just sit in the back of a rangerover or Lexus hybrid 4x4 thing or a focus estate (they do loads of filming in Lincolnshire) with the rear door open and there you go, erm that would be your best way i guess but there are legal issues with this i'm guessing

top Gear do alot of this type of filming haha, they usually just sit in the back of a rangerover or Lexus hybrid 4x4 thing or a focus estate (they do loads of filming in Lincolnshire) with the rear door open and there you go, erm that would be your best way i guess but there are legal issues with this i'm guessing

Well hold onto something and don't get caught. :D That's the best way I can see

i know you can get like tripods that sucker onto your car, they'd be good, unless its the same sucker as my GPS uses, then you'd just be funked

i know you can get like tripods that sucker onto your car, they'd be good, unless its the same sucker as my GPS uses, then you'd just be funked

I'm guessing that your GPS doesn't stay where you put it then Gaz?

My old Hilux would have been ideal for this, - as the boot was huge and the back window rolled down...

There have been some good "action" pics produced on the BMW M forum, using the suction/rig type cameras and photoshop.

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...pic&id=1280

Equipment:

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...pic&id=1290

Not sure if none forum users will be able to see the pics?

I'd like to get an "above" angle action shot of me joining the M3 (motorway), just infront on the road surface lane markings with "M3" and an arrow pointing forward.

Cheesy or what? lol

I'm guessing that your GPS doesn't stay where you put it then Gaz?

It's in a box somewhere ready for me to move tomorrow, but the sucker on these sorts of things, and phone holders is usually rubbish

My old Hilux would have been ideal for this, - as the boot was huge and the back window rolled down...

I'd like to get an "above" angle action shot of me joining the M3 (motorway), just infront on the road surface lane markings with "M3" and an arrow pointing forward.

Cheesy or what? lol

Not really. I've seen a shot of someone in a semi-drift on the slip road for the M5 off the M4.

Was driving an M5 of course!

There have been some good "action" pics produced on the BMW M forum, using the suction/rig type cameras and photoshop.

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...pic&id=1280

Equipment:

http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthr...pic&id=1290

Not sure if none forum users will be able to see the pics?

Cheesy or what? lol

the pic looks pretty sweet! hahah

that sounds pretty cool tbh Charlie :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links