Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice+help Rear Braks

mad1969

hi there well it was time to change the disc and pads on th car front disc wer ok so only th pads to change there not a big job then onto the rears wat a pain in th ***** they was who ver did the last srvics wants a good kicking the 10.mm bolts that hold the calliper inplace all roundd of great abit of heat soon sorted them out and a visit to boltsworthy in notts for new bolts with 13.mm heads loads better anyway cleaned all the parts up fitted new mixtax pads with mixtax grase (not copper grase) they say its better went for a little run around th bloke to se if everything was ok

WTF

sounded like thre was a grinder in my drivers rear wheel got it back on the drive took th wheel of hooooo my god th inner pad was down to th metal ??? but outer was fine ?? took the pads out check everything and decided to get new disc and pads and found ven more rounded bolts the 14.mm that hold the carriers onto the hub great wat a pain in the ***** they were out came mr.heat gun again bottom 1 sorted top 1 want playing ball so out came the grinder of came is head tap carrier of mr.heat gun plenty of heat a good set of mole grips out came the rst of the bolt

back to boltsworthy new m10 fine but with 17.mm heads

got the new discs and pads fitted them went out for a run same noise must be the calleper ok then got spears so change that bleed it went out again noise still there but not as bad ????

any iders

eh?

in english?

from what i can understand your rear drivers side is grinding? yes/no?

have you checked the shoe distances?

have you checked youve not caught the metal guard an its touching the disc now it will only need a slight touch to make a hell of a racket,

if not maybe the handbrake shoes but if i was you i would jack it up an get the wheel off an check youve not caught the guard whilst you was struglling to get the bolts off

i understood it all as im from nottingham lol

have you checked youve not caught the metal guard an its touching the disc now it will only need a slight touch to make a hell of a racket,

if not maybe the handbrake shoes but if i was you i would jack it up an get the wheel off an check youve not caught the guard whilst you was struglling to get the bolts off

i understood it all as im from nottingham lol

when you say guard i take it your on about the ***** plate behind the disc they were falling to bits so ive took them of

its defo coming from the the rear break pads more do on the drivers side a mate sais the mixtax pads might be to hard ?? but ive been using thm for ages but on different cars ??

i'm guessing he does mate, just ensure you've taken them completely away, i didn't and left a big score in the back of my discs from that, oops lol.

did you grease up the slides properly? are the cylinders sitting correctly? have you fitted anti-squeel shims?

well ante been on for afew days braks are now sorted it was down to ***** pads to hard (words from the garage) and me fitting 2 of the shims the wrong way on the inside th joys of not having the use of a ramp when you need 1 so i live and learn

thanks every1 for the advice was doing my nut in for days be shes nows running and breaking all goooood

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links