Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo/fmic/radiator

ajcluck

Hi all,

I have just bought a garrett gt2582r with a t3 flange with 38mm external wastegate, i have installed this, however i cannot clock it fully as the oil drain nipple on the clutch slave cylinder is in the way, the reason i want it clocked is to allow the fmic to connect. i have also removed one of the fans to accommodate the turbo. can the radiator survive with just one fan? i have a thermostat that opens at 70 degrees

arnt 1 of the fans for aircon anyway? if so you just have to check that the 1 you have removed is for the aircon if not take the wires from the other fan an put them onto the fan thats left instead of using it for aircon if thats makes sense

Hi all,

I have just bought a garrett gt2582r with a t3 flange with 38mm external wastegate, i have installed this, however i cannot clock it fully as the oil drain nipple on the clutch slave cylinder is in the way, the reason i want it clocked is to allow the fmic to connect. i have also removed one of the fans to accommodate the turbo. can the radiator survive with just one fan? i have a thermostat that opens at 70 degrees

Ok mate basically both fans pull cold air thru the radiator, when you press the air con switch they also both come on but at half speed (the bulkier fan is the air con). At the moment i have one fan cause i have removed the air con system which is perfectly fine however only one side of the coolant will be getting cooled but it is perfectly fine. What i am planning to do is get 2 spal fans which are much smaller fans and wire them up to the engine radiator fan circuit. 2 fans may cause the fuse to blow however from what i have learned spal fans draw less power so having 2 on the circuit should be fine even when you get a power surge when they engage to over come the inertia of the fan. Don't worry about the radiator even though i have an aluminium racing rad the stock radiator can take a lot more horse power.

yeh i have removed the air con, i will be putting out near 500bhp once i am done. how much better are these alumin. rads?

I wouldn't worry about a radiator i have been reliably informed the stock radiator can take up to near 1500bhp

if you choose the spal fan route make sure they are pull fans and not the push type, this will allow more efficient cooling during driving and not restrict air flow

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links