Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 X Celica Reving Very High Help!

s_mawds

Hi could someone please help me I have a 2000 X Reg Celica VVTI 140 I have just started having a major problem when i press the acceleator even just a little the car will rev very high as if im not in gear then drop down and pick up quite slowly this happens in every gear i can be traveling at say 40 mph 2000 revs in 6th gear put my foot down just a little bit and will almost imediatly hit 5000 - 6000 revs with no affect on acceleration then it will drop to say 2500 revs and pick up a little bit. This is really annoying cos i cant drive anywhere at any speed without this happening any help would be much appreciated. My engine light has also come on is there a way of telling what the reason for this is myself.

I sounds like clutch slip.

You're in gear, the revs rise but the acceleration doesn't. That's correct yes?

If you're lucky then it might just be the clutch needs adjusting but I'd have said more likely to be a knackered clutch.

I sounds like clutch slip.

You're in gear, the revs rise but the acceleration doesn't. That's correct yes?

If you're lucky then it might just be the clutch needs adjusting but I'd have said more likely to be a knackered clutch.

Yes that is right it had a new clutch about 45000 miles ago so hopefully its not knackered suppose ill have to take it the garage and see then its a pain to fit a new one so i was told does the engine have to come out to fit it thats what i was told last time?

The clutch is between the engine and gearbox so normally yes they have to unmount it, remove it from the vehicle, split gearbox and engine and replace. They might just about manage to do it in vehicle but it'll be a ball ache and probably almost as quick to unmount the engine.

The clutch is between the engine and gearbox so normally yes they have to unmount it, remove it from the vehicle, split gearbox and engine and replace. They might just about manage to do it in vehicle but it'll be a ball ache and probably almost as quick to unmount the engine.

Hi Mate

Im not that far from you,could do the job for you at a good price.Pm me if interested

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links