Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning - Possible Virus On Toc

daveh_rav4

Hi...

I have always had my TOC posts forwarded to my newsreader... the last three posts have been rejected by my virus/spam reader! This has never happened before... the virus/spam checker (Mailwasher) reports that the e-mail address's from these three forewarded posts contained eroniuos charactors! So, these were either fake e-mails or TOC has changed its forwarded e-mail address that my checker does not like?

Does anyone else have any recent experiance of this? I hope TOC is not beeing subjected to a virus attack? Be WARNED.

Dave

Hi...

I have always had my TOC posts forwarded to my newsreader... the last three posts have been rejected by my virus/spam reader! This has never happened before... the virus/spam checker (Mailwasher) reports that the e-mail address's from these three forewarded posts contained eroniuos charactors! So, these were either fake e-mails or TOC has changed its forwarded e-mail address that my checker does not like?

Does anyone else have any recent experiance of this? I hope TOC is not beeing subjected to a virus attack? Be WARNED.

Dave

probably a glitch after the invasion of Invision forum boards software affected a lot of sites

try warning the rest of on here too man.. not just your fellow Rav 4 people... lol

post this in the general section..

Hi... ok, I am still having 'Mailwasher' reject forwarded post from TOC; a message from Ian/Bothwell Buyer was just rejected! In the rejected message it states "warning by 'ORDB'... does that mean anything to anyone! I will Google ORDB later and see if it throws anything up.

I did not want to put a scare about a 'possible' virus to all the other TOC car groups... as I only view the Rav4 one. However, if you guys think it should be done...

DaveH

try warning the rest of on here too man.. not just your fellow Rav 4 people... lol

Ok... I just 'googled ORDB and apparently ORBD is a part of Mailwasher that was abandoned in 2006! It was a database of known spam/virus posts and automatically blocked these posts! They use something elsle now, but ORBD was still actioned in my tools option in Mailwasher! I have now disabled it... so hopefully I will be receiving my TOC (Rav4) posts again.

Apologies for the unwarrented virus scare... guess I should have noticed the ORDB thingie in the first rejected posts!

DaveH

Hi... ok, I am still having 'Mailwasher' reject forwarded post from TOC; a message from Ian/Bothwell Buyer was just rejected! In the rejected message it states "warning by 'ORDB'... does that mean anything to anyone! I will Google ORDB later and see if it throws anything up.

I did not want to put a scare about a 'possible' virus to all the other TOC car groups... as I only view the Rav4 one. However, if you guys think it should be done...

DaveH

ORDB = Our Resident Dower Bothy :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

ya mean theres other sections beyond RAV4? :lol: :lol:

Hehe... nice one Kingo :D

I seem to be receiving TOC posts now... so one happy bunney!

ORDB = Our Resident Dower Bothy :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links