Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads + Disc Question

osmononame

Hi, having just had my car serviced I have been informed that I needed new brake discs and pads - I was going to get them replaced anyway as I knew they were coming to the end of their life. I have priced up the brakes from EBC Direct and they come in at about £280 which is fine but out of that about £200 is just for the discs - would I be better off buying cheaper discs from say eBay or a motor factors (£100ish all in) and use the Greenstuff brake pads (or put the extra money towards some DS2500's or Mintex pads)?

I'm a bit of a n00bie when it comes to brakes so any help appreciated.

hey dude,

ive just replaced my disc's and pads on my st.

i got the ebc green stuff pads (as i got real bad brake fade from the normal ones fitted) and i just replaced the discs with std ones... they work loads better and subsisquently, i havent s*&t my pants due to brake fade :P

i guess it depends how hard you drive really at the end of the b=day, but ive deffo found the green stuff pads with std discs work fine :)

hope this helps!

Hi There,

Just thought I would let you know that I have just changed my discs and pads & brake fluid on my Gen 6 2.0 GT.

I bought drilled & grooved discs of fleebay (Ireland) with Mintex pads all around. Even new handbrake shoes, fitting kits & cables.

The total cost of materials was £220. The cost of labour from the local garage (4 hrs) £150.

The mechanic who fitted them race prepares cars for the Porche GT cup so i new i could trust him.

Eveythings spot on and I dont think the cost was too bad.

I just use my car for going to and from work mainly....Fast road use..

Hope my input helped...

Big E.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links