Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Changer Installation

jedi134

Hi does anyone know whether this CD changer (JVC CH-x500) will work with my Sat Nav unit (TNS600 Aisins B9001), The cd changer has a connector like the one in the picture, what type of lead is this,where can i get one from, and will it work with my sat nav unit, also what kind of CD changer connector will my sat nav unit have?

Thanks in advance.

post-73910-1240565763_thumb.jpg

I doubt that it can be done.

I've seen that there is a converter that lets you use Sony CD-changers on Toyota car stereos, but I don't know whether this applies to JVC as well. I tried to google it, but I didn't find anything for the JVC, only Alpine and Sony Changers...

Hmmmmm do you know what the connector on my JVC is called? I might try and find the pin outs for it, and do you know what pin outs will be on the back of my B9001 sat nav unit? they must all work in a similar way.

they must all work in a similar way.

No not really. They generally all talk a different protocol and unless that JVC changer talks the toyota protocol (avclan), which I doubt it does, then, as St.Thicket says, you'll need some kind of converter.

It is unlikely that you can just plug it in.

Here's some light reading for you:

http://www.mictronics.de/?page=cdc_proto

http://www.mictronics.de/smf/index.php?topic=63.msg181

See what you mean now its all digified. That pin out for the toyota radio, in the link you sent me, is that a standared CD changer pin out for all Toyota radio`s including my B9001?

No, there are two different plugs for toyota CD-changers, and are normally identified as "old" and "new", or respectively "large" and "small".

Toyota-connector.jpg

You need to look at the back of your stereo to make sure which one you have, but you might have the new one since your car is from 2005.

Here's the pinouts

Think it could be the Type 1 connector, So top row of pins are audio inputs/Grounds I presume these are straight forward analouge inputs?, and the bottom row, 12+ (power to device?) Acc (device on) tx- and tx+ (these are the ones that I need to work out) txt (not sure what this is for) and ground.

So I presume it`s all down to the tx- and tx+ inputs/outputs? are these bi directional? or is one TX in and the other Tx out ??

Is this how it works, radio says "are you there CD changer" :unsure: CD changer says " Yup i`m here radio" :toot: radio then says " cool i`ll take your audio output" :hug: and then it plays the cds?

So to change the cd`s in a changer I presume the radio says" change to cd 3" :saddam: etc. So is there a different command/address it sends to the cd changer, if so are the commands from the toyota radio always the same to change cd`s

i.e. to change to cd 1 radio sends 0x1

to change to cd 2 radio sends 0x2

to change to cd3 radio sends 0x3 etc.etc........

Think what i`m trying to say is there a standared set of address/commands specificaly for the cd changer?

or I could just buy this, which costs 20 times more than my CD changer did: http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=5968

also just to add the JVC connector is call J-link but I`m not sure if it uses the same protocol (can`t find anything yet on J-link protocol): here are the pin outs for the JVC connector, they have the same amount of pins same in`s and outs, just that on Toyota you have TX- and TX+ and the JVC you have SCK and SI/SO could these be the same?

1. CONT---------- +12V when HU is on, 0V when HU is off

2. SCK ----------- This line the clock, clock is only there when data is transmitted. Otherwise it is low.

3. SI/SO --------- Dataline, seems to be bi-directional, low when no data is transmitted

4. GND ----------- Ground

5. +12V ---------- Well its +12V

6. CH-R ----------- Audio for right channel

7. A-GND --------- Analog ground, but is same as the rest of the GND's

8. CH-L ----------- Audio for left channel

That Blitzsafe converter is the one you need. Don't think you can manage it any other way, unless you are a electronics geek like schm and me...

For that price, you can get a AUX interface, Ipod interface, or a USB interface that allows you to play numerous hours without having to change discs...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links