Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Come On Down, The Price Is Right

balli hi

During the week i recieved my AA renewal reminder, stating that my membership will automatically be renewed on such & such a date, as i pay by direct debit, it stated that my renewal fee would be £149.50, an increase of 10% on last year despite the fact i never called them out, my membership covered just myself, so i gave them a phone call and asked to have my wife added to the policy, i was then quoted the new price of £185 , i told the very nice lady that unfortunately the price was not competative as i had been given a cheaper quote by the RAC , this of course was a BLUFF, the lady asked me how much i was quoted, and i said," can't say", i was asked to hold the line... after a few moments she came back and quoted me £181, so i said sorry i'm afraid i'll have to leave, i was again asked to wait, while she consulted her supervisor, this time she came back with £108.90 for joint cover, roadside, homestart & relay, which of course covers you for whichever vehicle you are traveling in, so i agreed to remain with them for another year, with hindsight though i think i may have been a little hasty in taking up their second offer, and i should have kept on bartering untill they said no, it just go's to show though, that its worth threatening to leave in order to bring the price down, rather than remaining in the keep net year after year.

I appreciate that there are better deals out there to be had, but the problem i have is that not many companys offer breakdown cover for hire and reward vehicles ( black cabs ) , i was previously with the RAC untill they decided to cease to cover black cabs due to the high level of call outs.

The above applies to mobile phone deals, its so funny what you can get if you stick with it!

Toyota's own "Club Toyota" gives full RAC recovery membership for just £59

This is provided by the RAC as the Toyota cars are considered to be reliable and a good risk :thumbsup:

Toyota's own "Club Toyota" gives full RAC recovery membership for just £59

This is provided by the RAC as the Toyota cars are considered to be reliable and a good risk :thumbsup:

Yeh i know , i gave them a call first because they sent me a reminder that my membership was about to expire , This is why my wife was not a joint member on my AA cover ( because the club toyota membership came with the car when i purchased it new last year, and i removed my wife from my AA membership in order to bring the price down ) so as said i gave club toyota a phone call to enquire if my cab would be included in the cover, but they said no, the club toyota rac membership would only cover the car, so this is the reason why i placed my wife back on my AA policy and let my club toyota policy expire, its a shame though as the club toyota package offered excellent value....... i had to have one or the other because remaining with both the RAC & AA would have worked out dearer overall .

I never thought of doing that :crybaby:

My yearly premium is due in a few days. I used to pay it out of my Business before retiring. Now the new owner objects to paying it [mean sod :lol: ] so I contacted them to get a Direct Debit mandate to change it to my own account.

The letter arrived, & to me, it appeared to have been opened & re-sealed. Inside was the covering letter & no mandate. Got on line & explained the problem, asking them to either send another , or e-mail me a form to print off & post back.

They didn't have the facility for the e-mail option.

In due course the mandate arrived & with it was an offer of a sort of mini electronic notepad for storing all your phone numbers, e-mail addresses & many more facilities, IF you were changing over to Direct Debit payment. I chanced my arm :rolleyes: & put in a note saying that if I was eligible for one , I would appreciate it & if not, No worries.

I heard a thud in the hall about post time on Fri & Voila = 1 note pad electronic :thumbsup: Fair play to them, as I wasn't a new D/D customer.

i really need breakdown cover!!1

do they do a poor students discount??

Or, ring Andy :thumbsup: It's free :lol2:

last time i broke down he was sleeping!!!

good job my dad came to resuce me!!!

I think you might find, I was at work!!!!

Your hose clip popped off and you were losing coolant.

I'm tempted to join up again now I don't have a spare wheel... :lol:

LOL the other day Milly had a puncture in her MR2 and I noticed that I had "forgotten" to put the wheel jack back in lol this was at 1:30 AM on a saterday on a single track lane on a blind bend.

Luckilly a friendly motorist stopped and lend us his!

my head gasket went on the a38!!!!

you where in bed, i rang my dad!! police towed me out of the road!!!!

:oops: Didn't mean to start a row :(

That wasnt the last time you broke down!!!!!!!!

Working in the cab game , you'd be a mug not to have breakdown cover , cos the !Removed! things are always going wrong , as for the general public though it does surprise me the amount of people that don't bother with it , " if i had a penny for every time " LoL , the amount of times i've been haled whilst driving my cab around London , only for the person to ask if i can give them a jump start whilst holding a set of jump leads in one hand and swiftly waving a tenner under my nose with the other , not that i'm complaining mind .... beats working for a living :D

I havent had cover for over 7 years now (since getting the MR2).

I remember Jimlad breaking down in the middle of no where, joining the AA and then calling them out!!!

I have never witnessed plus one's hoses popping off :eek:

this has just reminded me - can i still join club toyota to get the RAC cover even tho i got an imported car?

Give them a call on 0845 275 5555 or visit toyota.co.uk / clubrenewal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links