Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

what quality oil to get as dealer genuine toyota oil 5w30

2009joe

hello there guys is there other oil out there to get as i rang toyota for genuine Genuine Toyota 5W30 Diesel Engine Oil Fully Synthetic Low Ash Premium 0888083389 and they are looking £165 plus vat for two 5l jars of oil . is there any other oil out ther do you guys recoment that i could put in may car that will do the same as toyota oil its really expensive .i have a 2014 1adftv engine 2.0 d4d with dpf

• Like 1

Am I reading the price correctly at £165+vat for 2 tub of 5l oil? I use Castrol edge for around £40 for 5l 5w30 c3

• Like 3

Hi 2000joe. look up you oil specifcation is it C2 then you can use this is a car with with a cat & uses addblue 1.6 HDI engine.

Shell Helix ultra pro AP-L 0w30 ACER C2
Castrol stop start 0w30 C2  (Halfords)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stay with the c- class recomended do not change this.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Am I reading the price correctly at £165+vat for 2 tub of 5l oil? I use Castrol edge for around £40 for 5l 5w30 c3

yep thats what rip off toyota dealer parts wanted to charge me 

• Like 2

You can look at Petronas oil too. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322618651671?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3hyRrutZQQ-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I am using this brand exclusively since 2016, now over 230000 miles driven by me only and the engine still runs smooth and the car drives as good as new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW - We use Unil lubricants for engine oil & it approved by the industrial part of Toyota for use UK & European wide plus comes with Toyota branding on.

We have 5w30 fully synthetic on the parts system but I don't look after ICE counter balance at the moment so haven't got any of that oil to check the spec on container.

The oil has to meet ACEA C2 specification.  For viscosity, Toyota recommends 0W-30, but 5W-30 is fine too.

Screenshot_20240524_233729_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You can look at Petronas oil too. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322618651671?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3hyRrutZQQ-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I am using this brand exclusively since 2016, now over 230000 miles driven by me only and the engine still runs smooth and the car drives as good as new. 

my car u

is the one with the dpf and its a 2.0d4d engine 1adftv  so wuld need oil that is low ash  and suitable for dpf

13 hours ago, 2009joe said:

my car u

is the one with the dpf and its a 2.0d4d engine 1adftv  so wuld need oil that is low ash  and suitable for dpf

That’s exact c2 and c3 class.

• Like 1

WHy just NoT bUYiNG Castrol 5W30 ? Cheaper and better!

• Thanks 1

One of my local dealers ain’t using anything special and there battery’s look a bit pony 

IMG_5646.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

One of my local dealers ain’t using anything special and there battery’s look a bit pony 

IMG_5646.jpeg

dam is that a toyota service garage .i seen that blue jar of oil on before 

17 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

WHy just NoT bUYiNG CAsTRoL 5W30 ? Cheaper and better!

On 5/25/2024 at 9:49 AM, dervdave said:

thats where i bought my oil from that guy 10l of it .i bit the bullet and bought it just because of this dam dpf and egr dont want the thing giving bother 

19 hours ago, 2009joe said:

dam is that a toyota service garage .i seen that blue jar of oil on before 

Yep it’s the service desk 

• Like 1

Mannol oils and products  aren’t my favourite. I had tried previously a brake cleaner from them that was horrible. First was not cleaning well, second was an acetone based and caused damage to plastics around. What a horrible experience. Since then nothings from this brand. They sell cheap and they are popular, perhaps their products are ok, except brake cleaner spray. 😅

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 9:42 PM, Perfection said:

Hi @2009joe, I buy regular toyota oil for about 45e. Never heard of the low ash special, is it worth it?

18 hours ago, Jim-p said:

Hi @2009joe, I buy regular toyota oil for about 45e. Never heard of the low ash special, is it worth it?

im guessing need low ash for this stupid dpf and well tbh think maybe for all the extra its better putting in the genuine toyota oil i got this £119.98 10l i got 

Genuine Toyota 5W30 Diesel Engine Oil Fully Synthetic Low Ash Premium 0888083389

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166615726817?var=466273635769

18 hours ago, Jim-p said:

plus that £165 plus vat some reason that was the toyota stealer here quote they gave me 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links